Fair Trade? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Fair Trade? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fair Trade? WHIR

Postby trumptight » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Ok IM not even involved. its a pay league. unfortunately, vetoing trades has been left to votes. so this trade was vetoed:

Arian Foster and Brent Celek
for
Eric Decker and David Wilson

One guy cried foul for it being vetoed (the guy trading Foster), I agreed. Then someone talked about how unfair the trade was. He didnt state his case, I did for him. It is a fair trade imo, but I went to argue the point that vetoing should be the commish's job to do, so that a discussion can be held about it prior to it happening. We all know why that is better.

So now, the guy who said that was an unfair trade, now has a trade pending with the guy who was giving up foster. it is

Andre Roberts and LeSean McCoy
for
Brandon Marshall and Lamar Miller

the guy giving up McCoy is the guy with Foster. Im not posting his entire roster, but he has Demarco Murray as well, so he can afford to give up an rb. now the guy who was supposed to get Foster is crying foul, and rightfully so.

I'd just like to hear the community's thoughts on it all. Is the first trade fair? should hte second one be happening? any opinion is great, as I wish to present my findings to the league. Good luck this year
trumptight
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fair Trade? WHIR

Postby ScissorMeTimbers » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:59 pm

I think seeing foster in the first trade made people cry unfair because Foster is obviously a big name and last year you would have scoffed and immediately declined that trade as ridiculous. This year that trade is more viable with how he is performing, though I wouldn't want david wilson for him lol. The second trade is more fair, I personally wouldn't give up L McCoy for Marshall/Miller but maybe that guy is weak at WR and wants an elite option. I might veto the first trade, but both seem at least moderately okay.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=539013
QB-Matthew Stafford
RB1-CJ Spiller
RB2-T. Richardson
WR1-AJ Green
WR2-Jordy Nelson
FLEX-Reggie Bush
TE-Jared Cook
K-Dan Bailey
D/ST-Bengals
IDP FLEX-JJ Watt