Portis on Sportscenter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Portis on Sportscenter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Portis on Sportscenter

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:28 pm

Dan Patrick just had an interview with Clinton Portis on Sportscenter. Portis had on a Santa Hat because he was visiting a Boys and Girls Club handing out some presents to the kids. He asked about his injuries, and he said he feels good, but will have to wait until later in the week and maybe even game time to see whether he can go or not. He said that he probably wouldn't catch Jamal Lewis for the rushing lead this year because of his "minor setback." He likened his running style to that of Tony Dorsett and Dalton Hilliard (didn't expect to hear that name!). He said the Joe Horn incident was just something to bring excitement to the game and bring some exposure to New Orleans and himself. In fact, he referenced bringing the "heavyweight running back championship belt" in his answer ;-D He said there was nothing personally gained by beating his former coach Butch Davis in Cleveland last week. Then, Dan asked who was the team to beat in the AFC, and of course, he said the Broncos if they win their remaining games. Patrick egged him on about it, telling him to be honest, but he wouldn't give him a different answer.

All in all, I thought it was a great interview. This guy is a true gentleman, good speaker, and a great running back. I'm proud to have him on my fantasy team this year! :-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:36 pm

I have been a Portis fan for a long time and I wish I would have known about that. I would have loved to see it.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Super Freak » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:57 am

i wanted portis but i got a later pick so he was taken and man i wish i could have him
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:51 am

Nice write up mercer ;-D

Portis is a great kid, very proud of his mom too, takes her everywhere with him.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:17 pm

Yeah, he's definitely a good guy. Being a uber fantasy stud is just a plus. ;-D

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Go Vikes » Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:40 pm

I wanted him too, but I was one pick behind when he was taken. Instead I took Faulk over Priest.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby zombiez » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:10 pm

Homeless wrote:Nice write up mercer ;-D

Portis is a great kid, very proud of his mom too, takes her everywhere with him.
......too bad she couldn't teach him how to talk, the man sounds like he has a 2nd grade education
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:21 pm

Zombiez wrote:

......too bad she couldn't teach him how to talk, the man sounds like he has a 2nd grade education

He is a Hurricane afterall,so 2nd grade sounds about right.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:43 am

Guttpuppy wrote:
Zombiez wrote:

He is a Hurricane afterall,so 2nd grade sounds about right.

Yea, but who cares if he can talk, he can run. If he were a QB it could be a problem...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:11 pm

I've also seen Dante Hall on several TV shows and he seems like a really nice guy as well.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk