RB Depth, Where to Upgrade? 100% WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

RB Depth, Where to Upgrade? 100% WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB Depth, Where to Upgrade? 100% WHIR

Postby LMack » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:05 pm

Sup guys.

10 team standard scoring league. At no point in the draft did I like QB value so I ended up waiting and stock piling at other positions. However, my team has gotten out to a slow start and I believe it's time to turn some of that depth into an upgrade. I will most likely be moving away RB(s). My question is with this squad would you rather look to upgrade at QB or WR?

QB - Romo, Bradford
RB - Martin, C. Johnson, R. Bush, Moreno, L. Miller, D. Richardson, Mendenhall
WR - Colston, A. Brown, T. Austin, Blackmon
TE - Graham

As you can see I have some moveable depth at RB. Should I package a back with one of my WRs to upgrade there or try to improve at QB instead?

Leave a link and I'll answer yours ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB Depth, Where to Upgrade? 100% WHIR

Postby Cuffs » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Is it 2 RB/3 WR, or 2 RB/2 WR/FLEX?

If there's no flex, I'd upgrade at WR first. Bradford is actually proving to be a value at QB right now, and Romo is serviceable as well. If you could get a top 6-8 WR for some combination of players, that would work out well for you.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby LMack » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Cuffs wrote:Is it 2 RB/3 WR, or 2 RB/2 WR/FLEX?

If there's no flex, I'd upgrade at WR first. Bradford is actually proving to be a value at QB right now, and Romo is serviceable as well. If you could get a top 6-8 WR for some combination of players, that would work out well for you.

Whoops definitely should've included roster settings. It is 2RB 2 WR Flex.

Actually just pulled a deal.

I give Antonio Brown, Lamar Miller
I get Vincent Jackson, Bryce Brown

This was the type of deal I was looking to make and I think it meets my needs. If the receiver I included in the deal was Tavon I don't think I could have landed a receiver of VJax's caliber without including one of my top 3 backs. I don't think Tavon/Moreno gets me VJax.

The starting lineup for week 3 post-trade looks like this

QB - Romo
RB - Martin
RB - C. Johnson
WR - V. Jackson
WR - Colston
TE - Graham
Flex - Moreno (if Bush is out)

Miller was arguably my RB4 or RB5. Packaging that with a WR2 to land a WR1 and a lottery ticket high ceiling handcuff RB makes me feel as if I did alright. Tavon and Blackmon post suspension should be able to fill in on bye-weeks for me. Looking at it I feel it might have been a slight overpay but I think I was in the situation to do it.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Cuffs » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:36 pm

That's an exceptional trade if you ask me. From the sound of things, A. Brown (who I own in my league) is barking at Haley about the offensive philosophy, which can either work out well or really badly for the player with a guy like Haley. Jackson is a great pickup. The Miller/Thomas thing is a headache that you probably don't need to deal with with your other RBs, and Bryce Brown is a lottery ticket with at least acceptable odds considering how many touches McCoy is going to pile up. That worked out really well for you.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby goose in my step » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:46 pm

That deal is really good for you. You wont be playing Miller outside of bye weeks or injuries. And the upgrade from Brown to V Jax is huge. Bryce Brown seems like a throw in the deal cause as of now since he has no real value unless McCoy gets injured. But thats still a good asset to have. So maybe you could flip him to the McCoy owner in a 2 for 1 to upgrade elsewhere
do the deal ;-D

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=539093
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions