leave link for help with yours
techman5003
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 167)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Flex help - WHIR

Postby Acrobat » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:06 am

I really like Sproles but Julius Thomas is a great flex as well. They're playing Oakland this week who gives up a lot of points to TE's!
Acrobat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 86)

Postby BoyNamedSue » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:41 am

Manning's brilliance vs OAK's defense in Denver on Monday night outweighs the possible upside of Sproles in the Saints passing game.

The Cardinals DEF can show up at anytime and shut a team down...why they aren't more consistent with it is beyond me...Brees is no slouch, of course. He's no Manning either. Ride the hot hand with Thomas this week at home on Monday Night.
10 Team PPR

Twitter: @JohnEJung
Ron & Fez: 11am - 3pm XM105
Davey Mac Sports Program on iTunes (XM 105 Saturdays 7pm-9pm) and RiotCast.com (Wed. at 7pm)
BoyNamedSue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 54)

Postby 16FAC » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:48 am

Lots of targets for Manning. Yeah I like Julius but Sproles is intriguing as well! Darren is a big part of the offense and no RB in NO has separated themselves from the others. Sproles is in on a ridiculous amount of the plays and is always targeted by Brees. Probably one of the best safety valves for a QB in the entire league. I'd go with Sproles. Knowshawn may be super active by the end of the second quarter, managing the Broncos lead. That will cut into the air game a bunch in my opinion!

please hit mine
viewtopic.php?t=539202
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby feisao » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:57 am

I usually like using RBs as my Flex because they are guaranteed touches. However, Sproles is more of a pass catcher than a runner. I like Thomas better because he may get a TD for you.
feisao
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby JioDeexx » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:15 am

Sproles looks like the most attractive options.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=539204
JioDeexx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BearDown33 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:51 am

Looks like you've got it right. There are lots of people fighting for targets in Denver, but Thomas seems like a better bet to punch one into the end zone than Sproles. Anyone who's getting red zone targets for Denver should be playing, especially against the Raiders.
BearDown33
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby goose in my step » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:55 am

Start Thomas. Peyton has fallen in love with his TE. He seems to be getting consistent targets even when there are so many weapons in Denver. He couldve had 2 TDs last week. But he tripped while running his route. So Manning is looking for him a lot in the red zone cause he was still able to score later in the game.

Im kinda thinking Peyton is jealous that Brees has Graham and Brady has Gronk. So he wants to make a star out of Thomas. Just my theory
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Postby tripower » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:08 am

I completely understand why the majority here is leaning toward Thomas, as Manning indeed has taking a huge liking to him. The problem I see though is all the targets Manning has, and the fact that Denver's going to up big early. That will cause them to hand the ball off to run out the clock, thus reducing Thomas' targets, especially because all the other throwing targets Manning has.

I always have difficulty week to week going with anything other than a RB for my flex player - that's just my personal preference. Sproles is a proven fantasy player, whereas Thomas is too new to truly decide how consistent he'll be.

The bottom line is that I'd go with Sproles. He's a good RB and good pass catcher too. I simply trust him more.

Thank you for your help with mine.
tripower
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby devo8080 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:11 am

I disagree with the majority here...I have Sproles over Thomas by a fairly wide margin for the flex spot. Denver has a lot of options and if the game gets out of control early like it could, Manning will be handing it off for most of the 2nd half.
devo8080
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench