Started 1-5, finished 7-7 & made playoffs...Similar stor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Started 1-5, finished 7-7 & made playoffs...Similar stor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Started 1-5, finished 7-7 & made playoffs...Similar stor

Postby chaindog35 » Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:38 pm

I just wanted to see if there were anymore bad luck gone good stories. I won this week for the 3rd straight week and the 5th time out of the last 7 games. I'm at .500 with the last playoff spot and the most points. I had a rough start and traded to get Moulds, Priest and Tomlinson. Not to mention some key pickups. Anybody else go from last to making the playoffs?
Last edited by chaindog35 on Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JayM09 » Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:42 pm

wow, nice recovery to make the playoffs. very good moves to get moulds, priest and LT. they should help you make a very long playoff run. Good Luck ;-D
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:14 am

I went from last (2-5) to making the playoffs (7-6). Warner was my number one pick this year, so I was scrambling all season. However, this week was our first round of playoffs and I didn't have the horses. It was a nice comeback, but it sure feels hollow when you know you are done.

Friendliness: %

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:54 am

I've been floating around .500 all year. Win two, lose one. Win one, lose two. I made the playoffs this past week with my win. Woooohoooo!! My record right now is 8-6, and I nabbed the last playoff spot. It's going to get reall intense now!!!
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KnowNothing » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:05 pm

After Week 5 I was 1-4. I was in dead last place with the 4th most points. I went on to win 8 out of my last 9 games (that's if I win after tonight - up by 44). Regardless if I win tonight or not I'm still 1st in my division with the 2nd most points. The team I play next week, which is our playoff week, should be no problem. I imagine I'll be facing the team that has Priest, Favre, Staley, Ward and Moulds for the Super Bowl Week 16. Yikes! This guys has been a mad man this season with a record of 11-3. I'm being optimistic though. You see, one of his losses came to me in Week 6. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Please keep yours crossed for me too.

;-D
KnowNothing
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk