Goof of the Week. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Goof of the Week.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Goof of the Week.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:11 pm

The Steelers offense gets my goof of the week.Hines & Amos had somewhat decent days but other than that they sucked bad.The O-line let the Texans get a season-high sack total for a game.Even when Tommy was able to get the ball away,it was usually a dropped pass.Mr.Plexiglass Burress dropped like 5 himself,including the potential game tying TD.Then there was the fumbles.Maddox,instead of running out of bounds on one play,juked harder than his body was used to & whoops,he shimmied the ball loose.Geez that was sad.I could go on but won't.

:-C AAARRRGGGHHH!!! :~(
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JayM09 » Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:36 pm

i agree the pitt offense gets the goof of the week. in my league the houston d scored 40 something points vs them...
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:15 pm

Mine is actually worrying about which qb to play. I played Brady and he did the best of my three (brooks and penny are the other two). However, I could have won simply by playing priest and eric moulds. My opponent only had one player that scored more than 6 pts (peyton-12pts) and averaged little more than 3 pts per player.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby beerman » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:23 pm

my goof is i started trent green over brad johnson and my other goof would go to tommy maddox he cost pitt d 21 points! :-t
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homeless » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:41 pm

Im somewhat of a Steelers fan myself, but that was THE single worst game I have ever seen . :~(
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby thelongestyard » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:14 am

Let's hear it for the Bungles punter/special teams for allowing S.Smith to return two punts for touchdowns (virtually untouched). Another Goof for Vick proclaiming that the game vs TB would be his greatest game of the year. Nothing like pumping Sapp and Co. up before the game. They are scary enough as it is.
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:22 am

Bledsoe! 4 Picks as the Bills got their buts handed to them again by the Pats. I think that Brian B knows him all to well, and Bledose came in a little to excited.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:41 am

Man, I was scared to play Vick this week, but listening to the "play your studs" credo, and thinking that it would just be wrong to start Kitna over him, I played Vick and he lost me only my second game of the season. Kitna would've scored me @ 47 pts. to Vick's 19 :~( Honorable mention to The Bungles once again, but I'm really numb to that kind of sh :-o t by now. The team is like an Acme cartoon, with Steve Smith dropping the big ole' anvil right on top of their heads. Beware: keep in mind who the Panther's offense did that to before running to the waiver wire and thinking that their offense is suddenly better. The Bengals could make Randy Fassani look like Marino. Or Curtis Ennis look like Jim Brown....or....you get the point.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby slowkidz » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:39 am

I have to give it to the Steelers offense this week....Now, who exactly was the expansion team in this game?
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:51 am

Man I don't know!! I'm hurtin' here gents!! Faulk and his 1 point is a personal goof. But how can you sit Marshall? :-o Also did anybody watch the Sunday night game? Was it just my biased opinion or were the refs in cahoots with the Pack? Man Jimmy K gets TACKLED!! on a pass play and there is NO FLAG!! Two plays later on the punt there is a flag for a block in the back (or holding or something) that mysteriously gets picked up, and there is no foul on the play :-] Then there is the questionable PI call on Chavous when Brewer intercepts the ball!!! Oh well. If the league wants to keep Favre's 34-0 record when the temperature drops below 34 degrees alive that's fine. I know there were calls that weren't called the other way too. I'm just venting. I just need to realize that the Vikes stink this year and deal with it :~( :~( :~( :~( I don't have to like it though!!!
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk