Horn, M. Lewis, and C. Johnson fined... :) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Horn, M. Lewis, and C. Johnson fined... :)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:37 pm

SheLovesFootball wrote:yanno King, I must say I agree.. I question why the outrage at such a "tame" namecalling when the GM could have used much more forceful and derogatory slurs... hhmmm.. did he strike a chord!??!


Just making an observation, don't make any assumptions about my character.

Anyone on these boards who has played an organized, aggressive "manly male" sport like football can attest to the fact, one of the worst things that can be said about you is to say you are soft, a sissy or a "faggot".
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4303
Joined: 3 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:39 pm

SheLovesFootball wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Horn is a fun and great player, 4 TD's deserves a celbration. By the way did Portis get fined when he put on the belt in his 5 TD game?? wat kind of garbage is this.


for the record... HORN did his phone-a-thon after the 2nd.. not 4th TD... so that crap doesnt float ..

and Portis can wear his belt on the bench with his injuries this week... that too was outlandish...

fun.. celebrating is all great.. try being a coach of our youth and explaining that role models dont act like this....


Yes, Horn did it after his 2nd TD, and you are acting like that's no big deal. Ya know, a WR scores 2 TD's and is leading his team to a crucial game, happens all the time. He did not hurt anyone in pulling out a frickin' cell fun, he was trying to add excitement to the game and actually have some fun. He also told his kids that he was going to do the cell phone thing as a way to talk to them. Very selfish, huh?

And as for the youth you teach, it would be a shame to discourage them from having fun. That's probably the worst thing you could do for a kid, actually. And Ghidra's right, this Horn/CJ thing is nothing compared to calling someone a fag, which is actually offensive.
Last edited by VHawk15 on Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image


The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 9483
Joined: 8 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the V-Nest

Postby SheLovesFootball » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:40 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Just making an observation, don't make any assumptions about my character.


no no... you misread me.. I am not making that claim on you... even if you are a SKINS fan .. :) just calling attention to the fact that the use of the word "faggot" is much more tame than other verbal assaults that could have been used.. I do see your point though
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1368
Joined: 13 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Oh, I am in RAY LEWIS and RAY RICE LAND!

Postby SheLovesFootball » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:47 pm

[quote="VHawk15"]
Yes, Horn did it after his 2nd TD, and you are acting like that's no big deal. oh gimme a break.... you need to pull your cell out now!! did he score his TD's BY HIMSELF.. I THINK NOT!!

He did not hurtn anyone is pulling outma frickin' cell fun, he was trying to add excitement to the game and actually have some fun.[b] I believe he cost his team in penalties... I'd say if the tide turned and they would have lost the excitement and fun would have been stupid ands SELFISH!![/b]

He also told his kids that he was going to do the cell phone thing as a way to talk to them. Very selfish, huh? you are quite naive.. did you see his lips moving?? <laffing> that moron could barely find the dayum thing!!

And as for the youth you teach, it would be a shame to discourage them from having fun. That's probably the worst thing you could do for a kid, actually. you have obvously no coaching experience.. and that my friend is quite possibly a good thing since you seem to lack in the area of common sense and object of organized sports for youth
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1368
Joined: 13 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Oh, I am in RAY LEWIS and RAY RICE LAND!

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:54 pm

SheLovesFootball wrote:your cell out now!! did he score his TD's BY HIMSELF.. I THINK NOT!! [/b][/color]


Did he get the cell phone out by himself? ;)

[b] I believe he cost his team in penalties... I'd say if the tide turned and they would have lost the excitement and fun would have been stupid ands SELFISH!![/b]


I agree, getting a penalty for your team is always bad, but the debate is more geared towards "should that be a penalty".


you have obvously no coaching experience.. and that my friend is quite possibly a good thing since you seem to lack in the area of common sense and object of organized sports for youth


Ad hom attacks aren't really necessary are they?

Since I have participated in coaching youth baseball, I know that if they aren't having fun, they don't want to play. Kids celebrate with the team after hitting homeruns or making important outs that help the team. Nothing wrong with that. Horn's celebration was a little over the top and cheesy, but he really did nothing wrong. Chad Johnson's was actually very clever and funny. Apparently the administration at the NFL doesn't have enough sense of humor to allow players to make some harmless fun at their expense.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4303
Joined: 3 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:55 pm

Just because you have realized that you're wrong doesn't mean you should start telling me that I have "no common sense."

He might not have scored the TD's by himself, but has anyone scored a TD by themself? I think not.

He might have lost his team 15 yards(which ended up not mattering anyway) but he also scored his team 24 points. Don't you think the benefits outweigh the harm?

I don't even understand your next point, but I think the fact that you said "laffing" was pretty funny.

I might not be some director of organized youth football, but I have lots of relatives that are kids and at that age, you want to have fun. Period.
Image


The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 9483
Joined: 8 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the V-Nest

Postby bolts801 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:14 am

I find it "funny" that more is being made of end zone celebrations by the media and this forum than the fact that the GENERAL MANAGER of a football team called a player a faggot.


That player said "kiss my ass" first after GM tried congratulating him.

On the other note/topic at hand.

There is a pretty big difference between celebrating a TD, and being a huge Punk. The NFL knows the difference, and so do we the viewers.

p.s. thats a pretty expensive cell phone plan. 30K a game. lol
Last edited by bolts801 on Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 177
Joined: 7 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:14 pm

bolts801 wrote:
I find it "funny" that more is being made of end zone celebrations by the media and this forum than the fact that the GENERAL MANAGER of a football team called a player a faggot.


That player said "kiss my ass" first after GM tried congratulating him.

There is a pretty big difference between celebrating a TD, and being a huge Punk.


First all of all, there's quite a difference in telling someone to kiss your ass and calling someone a fag. Morton said "kiss my ass" because he still has hard feelings that Millen released him in 2001. "Kiss my ass" was just telling him to go away. But then the GM took a step further and called him a fag, which is a slur and very offensive to millions of people. And in a "manly" sport such as football, being called a fag is highly offensive.

But the main difference isn't the two words, it's who said them. Millen is a General Manager of an NFL franchise, one of the highest positions. There's no excuse for something like that coming from a GM. He will be fired because of a combonation of his horrible record and all of these idiotic things he's been doing over the last couple of years.

And in the dictionary, the word "punk, as you used to describe Horn and his actions, is defines as "Weak in spirits or health." Because of that fact that he was trying to add excitement, it seems like Horn is the opposite of a "punk."
Image


The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 9483
Joined: 8 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the V-Nest

Postby terpfan » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:11 pm

SheLovesFootball wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
Just making an observation, don't make any assumptions about my character.


no no... you misread me.. I am not making that claim on you... even if you are a SKINS fan .. :) just calling attention to the fact that the use of the word "faggot" is much more tame than other verbal assaults that could have been used.. I do see your point though

uhh im not sure id call "faggot" a very tame word at all. i dont know where u get that idea. (btw i misread u too). i do agree it is more offensive than the sign or the cell phone... but probably not more "fine-able".

as for the fines, i actually thought chad's sign was kinda clever... ah well. its not like 10k is anythign to these guys anyway. and a $5000 fine for assisting in the cell phone crime is hilarious.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 11116
Joined: 30 May 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JEB » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:27 pm

Agreed KingGhidra. This whole thing is ridiculus. I would much rather see the players joking around in the end zone than being involved in criminal activity off the field. Which activity hurts the youth more? IT'S A GAME. I do believe there should be limitations on how far an individual can go but I haven't seen anything that comes close to being unacceptable from Owens sharpie to Horn's cell call. I wish I made enough money to afford to give up $30,000.00. The guys in the NFL front office need to relax and chill a little bit.
JEB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 286
Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Houston, Texas

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:49 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact