Bucs, Chiefs, Titans, Colts DSTs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Bucs, Chiefs, Titans, Colts DSTs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bucs, Chiefs, Titans, Colts DSTs

Postby taw856 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Given that Kansas City, Tennessee and Indianapolis play the Giants, Jets and Jaguars, respectively, I'm thinking this might be the last week they're available for a while, given that they've all been top half of the NFL plays going into this week anyhow. (In one of my two leagues, the Chiefs and Titans are already rostered.)

But beyond this week, can they sustain it?

How do you rank them compared to an option like the Broncos DST, which has to deal with Chip Kelly's offense this week but might also still be the better long-term buy?
Last edited by taw856 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chiefs, Titans, Colts DSTs

Postby leffe186 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Thanks for your help!

I think the Chiefs and the Titans both can. All three (Chiefs, Titans, Broncos) have pretty favourable remaining schedules, but Kansas City look the business to me. In addition, the Broncos have shown the ability to squander loads of garbage time points, after Peyton has put them miles ahead.

I'd pick up the Chiefs now, while you still can. Both the Chiefs and the Titans are still available in my league too, and if I didn't already have the Seahawks D I'd be picking them up on this wire.
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 101)

Postby andrich54 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:20 pm

The offense for the Jags and Jets are pretty crappy. I would go Chiefs though because they are hot right now and their momentum can win you the game this week.
QB: Tom Brady, Eli Manning
RB: Adrian Peterson, Stevan Ridley, Daryl Richardson, Jacquizz Rodgers, Brandon Bolden
WR: Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Sidney Rice
TE: Tony Gonzalez, Martellus Bennet
K: Blair Walsh
Defense: Broncos
andrich54
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 50)

Postby taw856 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:57 pm

taw856 wrote:beyond this week ... ?
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby reign1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:52 pm

How about Bucs DST as well? in my league tied with titans and have point those points up against Pats and saints as well
reign1
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 21)

Postby taw856 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:03 pm

reign1 wrote:How about Bucs DST as well? in my league tied with titans and have point those points up against Pats and saints as well

I'm not a buyer on the Bucs at all, with them 0-3 and potentially ready to change QBs and spiral downward. Would not consider dropping an underachieving but drafted DST for them. But... will throw them on the thread title if others want to add thoughts for them as well in the conversation...
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Bucs, Chiefs, Titans, Colts DSTs

Postby JP333 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:44 pm

I wish I had gotten the Chiefs D. Not only are they looking strong in their own right, but their offense seems to be controlling the ball well. Superstar RB, with a GAME MANAGER QB, who will not turn the ball over in shitty spots. He knows how to eat the clock away, taking away chances from the other team's offense.

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=539601
JP333
Water Boy
Water Boy

Response Team

Postby ssoni5 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:49 pm

I'd bite on the chiefs! SOS certainly tips the scale in their favor

help: viewtopic.php?t=539614
ssoni5
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 17)

Postby taw856 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:57 pm

ssoni5 wrote:I'd bite on the chiefs! SOS certainly tips the scale in their favor

help: <a class="vglnk" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=539614"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>fantasyfootballcafe</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>forums</span><span>/</span><span>viewtopic</span><span>.</span><span>php</span><span>?</span><span>t</span><span>=</span><span>539614</span></a>

JP333 wrote:I wish I had gotten the Chiefs D. Not only are they looking strong in their own right, but their offense seems to be controlling the ball well. Superstar RB, with a GAME MANAGER QB, who will not turn the ball over in shitty spots. He knows how to eat the clock away, taking away chances from the other team's offense.

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=539601

Taking them over Denver DST?
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Short term I like the Chiefs but for the rest of the season I would much rather have the Broncos, especially when Baily and Von Miller are back.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions