Traded Ridley and Wallace for Doug Martin: How'd I do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Traded Ridley and Wallace for Doug Martin: How'd I do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Traded Ridley and Wallace for Doug Martin: How'd I do?

Postby petrieslastword » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm in a 12 team .5PPR league and this morning just had a trade I threw out there accepted where I give up the highlighted:

QB Matthew Stafford
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Wes Welker, Josh Gordon, Mike Wallace
RB Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Stevan Ridley, Bilal Powell, Eddie Lacy, Willis McGahee
TE Jordan Cameron, Greg Olsen
K David Akers
DEF New England

And in return I get myself Doug Martin. I think I made out like a bandit and filled the hole of RB1 on my team. I'd love a bit more to back me up given the nothing but bitter: "this doesn't help your team" from the rest of my league. I feel like in a 12-team with so many starters (we start QB/3WR/2RB/TE/Flex/K/DST) I couldn't ask for a much better team.
petrieslastword
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 117)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Traded Ridley and Wallace for Doug Martin: How'd I do?

Postby Cornbx » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:49 pm

As a Ridley and Martin owner I think it was the right move. Ridley isn't getting it done and may lose even more carries. I think Wallace is a boom or bust guy. Martin is an everyday starter no matter the match up. I like the move.
Cornbx
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 20)

Postby petrieslastword » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:57 pm

That was my thought as well, not to mention I have better WR options especially for PPR, that are far more reliable.
petrieslastword
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 117)

Postby devo8080 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:20 pm

petrieslastword wrote:I'm in a 12 team .5PPR league and this morning just had a trade I threw out there accepted where I give up the highlighted:

QB Matthew Stafford
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Wes Welker, Josh Gordon, Mike Wallace
RB Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Stevan Ridley, Bilal Powell, Eddie Lacy, Willis McGahee
TE Jordan Cameron, Greg Olsen
K David Akers
DEF New England

And in return I get myself Doug Martin. I think I made out like a bandit and filled the hole of RB1 on my team. I'd love a bit more to back me up given the nothing but bitter: "this doesn't help your team" from the rest of my league. I feel like in a 12-team with so many starters (we start QB/3WR/2RB/TE/Flex/K/DST) I couldn't ask for a much better team.

I think it's a good move even if Ridley eventually rights the ship. Wallace is going to be so inconsistent this year but now that you made move i'd try and pick up Ryan Broyles and drop McGahee for some more WR depth. I doubt willis mcgahee ever cracks your starting roster...
devo8080
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby richter35 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:39 pm

I think that this was a great trade for you. Like others said Wallace is boom or bust and I like your other options better and Ridley is about to be in a committee. You bought Martin on a discount and it'll only get better for him
richter35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

Postby MRiH » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:41 pm

You got a deal! I wouldn't trust Mile Wallace and you have solid WRs anyhow. You just upgraded and got another solid bonafide RB. Good trade.
MRiH
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 76)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions