TRADE ADRIAN PETERSON??? HELP!! WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

TRADE ADRIAN PETERSON??? HELP!! WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

TRADE ADRIAN PETERSON??? HELP!! WHIR!

Postby bigtimeawesome » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Ironically the only league I had #1 pick in has turned out to be my worst team. Its driving me crazy! So far I am 0-2. This is standard scoring. I've already had to make several waiver moves. Here is my current roster (not yet set)...

Active:
Matthew Stafford
Ahmad Bradshaw
Adrian Peterson
Eddie Royal
Vincent Jackson
Jason Witten
DeAndre Hopkins

Bench:
Le'Veon Bell (stashed from waivers)
Maurice Jones-Drew
Willis McGahee
David Wilson
Danny Amendola
Greg Jennings

Needless to say, as you can see this team has plenty of major disappointments. Another player in the league wants AP. Here is his current roster:

Active:
Russell Wilson
Arian Foster
Stevan Ridley
Joique Bell
Steve Johnson
Brian Hartline
Tony Gonzalez
Julian Edelman

Bench:
Charles Clay
Torrey Smith
Stevan Ridley
Marques Colston
TY Hilton
RGIII

I told him I am only willing to trade AP for RB, RB or RB,WR. Either way Arian Foster would be going my way. From the way it sounds, he would be open to Arian Foster and Steve Johnson or Arian Foster and Marques Colston.

Would you take either of those trades? Am I crazy to be considering this or am I crazy not to consider it? Should I leave things as they are and not trade? Please help!! Thanks. I'll help in return if you post thread.
bigtimeawesome
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: TRADE ADRIAN PETERSON??? HELP!! WHIR!

Postby Foolio » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:59 pm

I love Foster, but I'd stay with what you have.. He doesn't have a WR worth pairing with Foster to trade AP.
Foolio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 17)

Re: TRADE ADRIAN PETERSON??? HELP!! WHIR!

Postby CineMamet » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Check in the loony bin! It's not that trading AP is crazy itself but you're getting the short end of the stick. Stevie Johnson is a WR #2 at best. Colston may put up better numbers but still..it's the fact that you're getting Arian Foster and a #2 WR. I'm not high on Foster this year. It just doesn't seem like he will put up anything like last year's numbers and you know Ben Tate will get more snaps even if Foster manages to play every game. You're better off targeting a Charles owner once AP has a 3 TD Game. Here's the thing -- if you look at the first round RB's drafted this year, how many are you super excited about? AP, McCoy, Charles and...? There's a reason people dreaded the #2 draft spot this year. AP was head and shoulders above every other RB. Sure, right now McCoy owners are cheering. But AP gives you something other RB's don't have: monster games AND consistency. He may only have one game this year where he won't score either 100 yards or a TD. Charles, though he was in a completely different offense last year, gave you 2 games with zero points.

In the end, maybe the gap between AP and the #2 RB (McCoy) won't be as much as we thought before the draft, but he won't lose you any games. And that's more than you can say for Spiller, Foster, Martin, Rice. The only comparable in consistency is Lynch.

Help please:
viewtopic.php?t=539584
CineMamet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Response Team
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions