Gronk/Woodhead for Sproles/Vick PPR? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Gronk/Woodhead for Sproles/Vick PPR? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gronk/Woodhead for Sproles/Vick PPR? WHIR

Postby JP333 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:01 pm

I need RB and QB help, but think gronk is up for a monster season. .5 PPR

roster is
QB Eli Manning/Alex Smith
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Montee Ball
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Josh Gordon
TE Jimmy Graham
FLEX Rob Gronkowski
Bench TY Hilton
Bench Daryl Richardson
Bench Danny Woodhead
Bench Alex Smith
Bench Coby Fleener
Bench Willis McGahee
JP333
Water Boy
Water Boy

Response Team
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gronk/Woodhead for Sproles/Vick PPR? WHIR

Postby CineMamet » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm not a PPR player, so I'm not 100% on my opinion. But the fact that you have both Graham and Gronk is huge. I know Eli is killing you but I'm certain you can find a QB comparable such as Tannehill? There were a dozen QB's separated by only 1-2 points per game last year so the difference is games where they don't kill you. Alex Smith will be your consistent guy if you don't want to play matchups but you can always find a guy like Pryor or Tannehill or maybe stream QB's against SD, Was and Philly. Though Vick can be huge, hey, it can be a matter of when he goes down. I'd consider picking up Fowles and playing QB matchups b/c when Gronk suits up, it's on.

Please:
viewtopic.php?t=539584
CineMamet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Response Team
(Past Year: 138)

Postby bigtimeawesome » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Yes. Since you have Jimmy Graham I would definitely make that trade. Let me first say, Gronk is great but it's always a risk with him. I hate risk and as stated you already have the best TE in the first place. With this trade you are increasing the bang for your buck in both your QB slot and your RB slot. And then from there you can have the FLEX option open for whoever you want. And hopefully you can avoid benching a player you'd rather have as active. I'm pretty mad I had Josh Gordon on my bench this week in PPR. That's for sure!
bigtimeawesome
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby avslpfan81085 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:21 pm

I would do it. I like Gronk, being a Pats fan, but I think Jimmy Graham is going to be the better TE. Woodhead is a good back, but I think Sproles is a little bit of an improvement. I don't like Eli, and Alex Smith isn't really bad, but Vick in Philly's fast offense i think will get you more points. If I had Gronk and Woodhead and offered that trade, I'd take it.
avslpfan81085
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby taw856 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks for the help with mine. I say go through with this too. I'm not as sold on Gronk as a lot of people, it seems like -- to me someone coming off that many injuries is no sure thing, even if the potential is there given past production. Sproles is worth that much more in PPR, though that's a bit offset by the fact that Woodhead is too. Vick is a sell high right now, since he seems likely to get hurt at some point, so I'm not necessarily sold on him either, but Sproles makes the deal worthwhile in my opinion.

I'd look to immediately turn around and flip Vick for another WR, if you can swing it. I like Gordon, but he's not going to do what he did his first week back all the time.

Best of luck!
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 198)

Postby broseph jacobs » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:10 pm

JP333 wrote:I need RB and QB help, but think gronk is up for a monster season. .5 PPR

roster is
QB Eli Manning/Alex Smith
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Montee Ball
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Josh Gordon
TE Jimmy Graham
FLEX Rob Gronkowski
Bench TY Hilton
Bench Daryl Richardson
Bench Danny Woodhead
Bench Alex Smith
Bench Coby Fleener
Bench Willis McGahee

What You Give Up
Wow, I can see why you are tempted to do this. I say ABSOLUTELY GO FOR IT!
First off, Woodhead's value isn't going to be anything beyond a low flex option on most weeks. Sure, he's now the goal line guy and the 3rd down guy, but you've seen from his production he's a 6-7 point kinda' guy, perhaps 8-11 point guy in PPR.

You are definitely in the position to score high for Gronkowski. EVERYBODY is talking like Gronk's return (which is when, exactly?) will be the saving grace for the Pats. I have three problems with that: A) it doesn't fix everything B) have you seen him? He is n o t i c a b l y smaller than he was last season; not being out there and nursing injuries will do that to you. His impact won't be what it once was. C) You know he's gonna get hurt again. I almost tried to draft Gronk JUST to get a value trade for him BEFORE he came back. Someone drafted him in round 2, so yeah that wasn't happening. If you keep him and he gets hurt, he has zero fantasy value, incl. trades. Sell high now, while his buzz is positive.

Not to mention, you are super-strong at TE. Graham is the highest producing, highest targeted WR in fantasy. He's even moved past Marques Colston on the Saints' offense in terms of targets this year. Brees lovin' him some Graham. Plus, Coby Fleener will be a back-end TE1 if the Colts stick to their "run first and often" sermon, or a high-end TE1 is they let Luck sling it a lot. Either way, I put Fleener in at your flex.

What You Get
A relevant fantasy Q, which you can NOT win your league without.
A beast of a PPR RB who will pay dividends immediately, especially considering Mark Ingram's 1) injured toe and 2) frustration with the Saints "system" Sproles' upside has never been higher.

If I am you, I make this trade smiling all the way to the bank.
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)