Trade: Give R. Wilson, T. Smith for V. Davis and ____? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade: Give R. Wilson, T. Smith for V. Davis and ____?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade: Give R. Wilson, T. Smith for V. Davis and ____?

Postby wecancallmeb » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:25 pm

Hey guys,

First time asking advice here and hoping y'all could help me out as I am not always the best at judging trade value. I have a proposal I wanted to run by you and see what you think. He proposed this trade today with Ben-Jarvis Green Ellis in the blank and I think if I can get a better RB, it will be OK. I was thinking Joique Bell instead of Law Firm, which is fair in my opinion. Would asking for Murray even be reasonable? Thanks for any input. Cheers.

It won't let me add a URL since I am new (I had an Imgur page), Standard League

My Roster:
Matt Ryan
Matt Forte
Lamar Miller
DeAngelo Williams
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Owen Daniels
Seahawks D
Matt Bryant
Bench: Torrey Smith, Kenny Britt, Chris Givens, Big Ben, Russel Wilson, Daniel Thomas, Willis McGahee

His Roster:
Cam Newton
Gio Bernard
Arian Foster
Joique Bell
Eric Decker
Eddie Royal
Julius Thomas
49ers D
Stephen Gostkowski
Bench: Roddy White, Vernon Davis, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Gronk, Terrelle Pryor, Marlon Brown, DeMarco Murray
wecancallmeb
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade: Give R. Wilson, T. Smith for V. Davis and ____?

Postby Remotethumb » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:16 pm

I think Owen Daniels is about as good as Vernon Davis at TE. Both are "hobbled" by injury but Daniels has scored 3 TDs already. Torrey Smith is, IMO, an emerging star

I think don't do the trade. I analyzed it along the lines of your TE & RB situation but then I realized the QB was worth a look

I think that Seattle's D is so freakin' awesome that maybe later on down the road they get more conservative. As a Falcons fan (as far as NFC), the Falcons "D" again looks suspect, especially with the continuing injuries. This leads me to think that the Falcons will have to score more points. Which means Ryan slingin' it. So with that I think Ryan will get better for you. So that takes care of your concern of trading Wilson. But considering that Wilson is a great backup to have, Owen Daniels is a good play at TE and I like Torrey Smith, and there sits WIllis McGahee (nice pickup) on a surprisingly powerful O-line Cleveland team, your RB depth fears are not as great.

I say stay put.
Remotethumb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade: Give R. Wilson, T. Smith for V. Davis and ____?

Postby wecancallmeb » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks for the input, Remote. You bring up a lot of good points. Pertaining to Daniels, though, I noticed that he is sharing a lot of his targets with Graham and the Texans seem to be running a lot of two TE sets. Do you think that lowers his stock at all? I guess my logic was that since I will hypothetically only use Wilson a week or two, that I could get some better value in picking up Murray (who is the only person I would take). I know he won't give up Foster, obviously. I guess this all hinges on if Davis is going to stay healthy and get targets on a struggling 49ers team. I agree about Smith and I am reluctant to give him up, but judging by the fact that he has Cam Newton, I think that Torrey is who he really wants. If I give up Torry, I will be pretty thin at WR, should (God forbid) Marshall or Johnson get injured. I'm thinking maybe Murray, even if I could get him, wouldn't be worth the risk. And RISE UP!
wecancallmeb
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions