Any AFKs make championship???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any AFKs make championship????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any AFKs make championship????

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:06 am

did any nonparticipaters in your league make the championships or AT LEAST playoffs. I cant believe this, but i'm in 11 leagues, and in only 2 of those 11 leagues did we have a team (whose owner NEVER did anything with there team, no roster changes no benching/starting, NOTHING) make the playoffs. And one of those 2 teams was eliminated in one of my leagues. But the other team made it TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! i was the #2 seed and the Ownerless team beat the number 1 seed. Doesnt that just suck!!!! i mean, all that work he put into the league just to be defeated by a team whose owner HAS NO IDEA that he made it to championship. He's had Jeff Garcia starting all year and luckily for him he came around at the right time. I hope he dont beat me. Or else that will definitely be sad...
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:29 am

At least two that I can think of.

The most insulting one is in a league I comish.

11-3 8 game win streak heading into the playoffs. I thought some of his weaker starters (Curtis Martin) would betray him by fantasy playoff time. C-Mart sure picked a good time to rush for 170 yards huh?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:49 pm

yeah i never seen that before. That sucks though

Friendliness: %

Postby TTTBone » Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:09 pm

LOL... I guess we can all sign-off now, because all our roster manueverings, advice, and sneaky plays just don't mean squat!
Draft, set your roster, and fuggetaboutit.... Championship!!!
This probably says more about the roster choices others made, rather than the non-participant.
Seriously though, these are abberations and don't truly reflect the vast majority of FFLeagues. In most cases dead teams end up just that, dead (as in dead last).
Sucks to be you, though. :-/
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:22 pm

That would bug the crap out of me. I have talked about this before on other threads. If you're going to play fantasy football, pay attention and play! If you don't, I think you should be docked points for not "locking in" a roster each week. That way teams who actually try still have a chance to win.

That being said, there is a team I'm playing in the first week of playoffs in my league who hasn't changed their team in about a month and a half. They changed their team the week SF was on bye, so Terrell Owens is still on the bench for them. They already have McNair, Alexander, S. Davis, Mason, Gonzalez, and Baltimore D!!!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Ahman » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:00 pm

This is the first year I have played Fantasy Football and every person in the ten person league has made transactions,
that is ridiculous that the one guy with Garcia made it to the championship game!
Ahman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:11 pm

It just goes to show you how much of a lead you can get with a good draft and sticking with your studs all year long instead of playing the matchup game. Even those 3 weeks Culpepper was out, he was still winning.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:24 pm

Lol, how about this. There was a public Yahoo league I was supposed to be in last year and couldn't make it for the draft so the computer auto drafted for me. I forgot all about the stupid team since I didn't like the players it picked for me. Didn't touch it all year and wound up losing in the championship. Now that's funny. This year I've trimmed down the leagues I'm in so I can pay attention to them all.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby ramsalldaway514 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:32 pm

I mean, I would be very mad if its a league that is for money, but if its not for money its not that big of a deal
ramsalldaway514
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:39 pm

ramsalldaway514 wrote:I mean, I would be very mad if its a league that is for money, but if its not for money its not that big of a deal

Hey you can't get mad really. Maybe he thought the best strategy was to just draft and leave his studs in. No second guessing at all.
:)
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk