Any AFKs make championship???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any AFKs make championship????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:44 pm

That would piss me off so much. In my ultra-competitive money keeper league, we're kicking one guy who is in 3rd, adjusts his roster every week, has made 4 or 5 waiver pickups, just because he doesnt talk enough on the boards, hes not really into it the way the rest of us are though and hes accepted his sentence
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:46 pm

This guy in my yahoo public league NEVER made a roster change from week 1. Its not that he never talked or just didnt pick any free agents up. HE NEVER did anything, when Garcia was hurt, he was in. Here's his lineup. His season record was 7-6-1. And with that record he got in playoffs. So its not like he dominated during the year. But there's only 4 teams that make it to playoffs in yahoo public leagues. So u just need to win 1 to get to championship game. Here's his roster that he made it to championship game with.... AND THIS IS AUTODRAFT THAT HE HAD!!! he didnt even go to draft...

QB - Jeff Garcia
WR - Rod Gardner
WR - Tai Streets
WR - Keenan McCardell
RB - Priest Holmes
RB - Curtis Martin
TE - Marcus Pollard
K - John Karney
Def - Green Bay

besides Holmes, he has no other studs. Luckily Garcia came back just in time for him. And Keyshawn Johnson got hurt... and... thats it... I cant wait to blast this guy this weekend. Or blast this computer... or whatever. BLAST THAT TEAM!!!!!!!11
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:12 pm

All this is interesting and leads one to believe fantasy football CAN be over-analyzed. Still, MOST OF THE TIME rational analysis will beat total inaction. But there's always dumb luck. Maybe that's one of the thing that makes this all fun.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:26 am

Updating previous posts... said coach won the superbowl despite being totally inactive after the draft.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk