Trade bowe? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade bowe? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade bowe? WHIR

Postby dano07 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:11 pm

Deal is Bowe/some small for Fred Jackson and Deandre Hopkins

16 team h2h standard, injuries and now Trich in Indy has put my team in shambles, should i take the deal or look for more?
QB-RG3
RB-Lacy, Bradshaw
WR- Andre Johnson, Dwayne Bowe
TE-Martellus Bennett
Flex- Montee Ball
K-David Akers
D/ST- Ravens
Bench- Daniel Thomas, Jay Cutler, Lamichael James, Ballard, Alshon Jefferys, lions def, donald brown and James starks
dano07
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade bowe? WHIR

Postby broseph jacobs » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:20 pm

I've been preaching it since July: Bowe's fantasy production will be super low all season. As a Niner fan, I am well-acquainted with Alex Smith's check-down ways. The targets will bo to Avery, Charles, and McCluster. Bowe will draw a safety over the top for protection, and basically that's it. He may "break out" with a 70 yard TD catch twice in the season, but aside from that forget it.

DeAndre Hopkins isn't going to be a WR1 unless Andre goes down (he won't), but he will be a nice WR2. Having both ensures you are getting Schaub's targets (minus the TE's) each week. You just have to decide whether or not that's something you desire. I personally like it. I had Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker last year, and had a blast. Other owners hate the situation. Up to you there.

Fred Jackson can go straight to your flex. Done. He's outproducing everybody's expectations, while Spiller is under-producing his. Try offing Bowe and Ball (both worthless in my book) for Jackson and Hopkins. You get an upgrade at WR and an upgrade at Flex. "Bowe" is just a name. He'll be disappointing this other guy all season.

Even better, see if he'll take someone REALLY "small", like Lamichael James (who is NOT Gore's backup - that's Kendal Hunter). Never hurts to swing for the fences on that first offer.

... just out of curiosity, why did the TRich trade "kill" your team? I don't get that...

help me out: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=539624&p=3546522#p3546522
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Re: Trade bowe? WHIR

Postby dano07 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:23 pm

broseph jacobs wrote:I've been preaching it since July: Bowe's fantasy production will be super low all season. As a Niner fan, I am well-acquainted with Alex Smith's check-down ways. The targets will bo to Avery, Charles, and McCluster. Bowe will draw a safety over the top for protection, and basically that's it. He may "break out" with a 70 yard TD catch twice in the season, but aside from that forget it.

DeAndre Hopkins isn't going to be a WR1 unless Andre goes down (he won't), but he will be a nice WR2. Having both ensures you are getting Schaub's targets (minus the TE's) each week. You just have to decide whether or not that's something you desire. I personally like it. I had Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker last year, and had a blast. Other owners hate the situation. Up to you there.

Fred Jackson can go straight to your flex. Done. He's outproducing everybody's expectations, while Spiller is under-producing his. Try offing Bowe and Ball (both worthless in my book) for Jackson and Hopkins. You get an upgrade at WR and an upgrade at Flex. "Bowe" is just a name. He'll be disappointing this other guy all season.

Even better, see if he'll take someone REALLY "small", like Lamichael James (who is NOT Gore's backup - that's Kendal Hunter). Never hurts to swing for the fences on that first offer.

... just out of curiosity, why did the TRich trade "kill" your team? I don't get that...

help me out: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=539624&p=3546522#p3546522

Well it killed Bradshaw's value and soon enough he won't be as in the game as i would like. he did want ball as the 2nd but im not sure i wanna give up on him yet.
dano07
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions