Options to improve running game? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Options to improve running game?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Options to improve running game?

Postby FirstCoast » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:23 pm

8 team ESPN standard scoring league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DS/T, 1 K. 7 bench.

QB - Drew Brees, Michael Vick
RB - C.J. Spiller, Trent Richardson, Lamar Miller, Maurice Jones-Drew, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Daryl Richardson
WR - Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, Eddie Royal
TE - Tony Gonzalez, Jordan Cameron
DS/T - Seattle Seahawks
K - Blair Walsh

My running situation is not looking good outside of Trent, and I even had to get him through a trade. I feel like I need to pull in one more good RB to have a good team and I'm weighing my options on how to do this. On the waiver wire are these guys; Fred Jackson, Bradshaw, Powell, Pierce. and Smelling. Not quite what I am ultimately looking for, but could any of those be a sleeper back or worth a swap for better depth?

I could also shop one of my receivers, or maybe Vick (Though I think his value may decline if defenses keep causing problems) but my options for trading are limited. What would be the optimal receiver to offer to get a good back but still keep the WR unit strong? Is this route even necessary?

Another consideration could be to just let the roster be and just waiting it out longer, but 3 weeks of under production from the RBs is enough for me to explore my options.
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Options to improve running game?

Postby smoothitron » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:20 pm

8 team is tough because most teams are probably set at most positions, but if you want to trade I'd take from your WR last. The optimal time to move Vick was after week 2, but if you can get an RB2 with a set-in-stone starting job for him, you will have done well. QBs just aren't worth as much in 8-teamers. Moving a TE would also be a good solution.

If you are going to move a WR, to be honest, I'd probably try to get a blue-chipper with Marshall. Talent at RB is extremely thin so far this year, so I doubt you get a great solution to your problem in return for Nelson, Colston, or Welker. I wouldn't take anything less than a Alfred Morris/Matt Forte type player.

Powell looks to be the only option on your WW with serious potential. Might as well roll the dice with him. I guarantee you'll never miss Daryl Richardson.
smoothitron Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions