week 5 plz help. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

week 5 plz help. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

week 5 plz help. WHIR

Postby righthandman69 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:45 am

PPR Format.

Here is my starting lineup and bench, my RBs are a disaster this week.

Starting
QB ROMO
RB1 Chris Johnson v KC
RB2 D Richardson v JAX
WR1 Calvin Johnson @ GB
WR2 DeSean Jax @ NYG
TE Cameron v BUF
FLEX Tavon Austin v JAX

Bench
Morris BYE
Roddy v NYJ
Rest BYES

Rashad Jennings, Bernard Pierce, Andre Ellington are top available waivers but am not very excited about them. Of the two listed RBs and the listed waivers, which 2 would you start? Or would you start 3 using my FLEX (over tavon austin)?

WHIR.
righthandman69
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 66)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: week 5 plz help. WHIR

Postby Delhomme17 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:10 am

What other bench guys do you have (you just say "rest")? I would definitely drop someone and grab Ellington or Jennings, but it's hard to say which guy to let go without seeing your whole roster. In any event, Daryl Richardson tweeted earlier today that he's not starting this week, so you definitely need another running back.

Jennings will probably get more touches, but he proved to be a very "meh" runner last year when he got a shot in Jacksonville. Ellington, IMO, will put up equal or better numbers even if he sees the rock fewer times. Plus, he's a much better guy to own for the rest of the season than Jennings.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 514)

Postby righthandman69 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:13 pm

the rest of my bench consists of rg3 leveon bell and heath miller none of which i want to drop. i wanted to ask though, r u saying pickup Ellington over Bewrnard Pierce? They are both backup RBs that's why i ask.
righthandman69
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 66)

Postby FF For Life » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Get Jennings, McFadden is still not practicing with his hamstring injury. Jennings will be the back this Sunday.
MY TEAM:
10 team 4 keeper PPR league: (Starters in bold)
QB:Brees,Rivers
RB: A.Peterson. Sproles, Murray (flex), DeAngelo Williams
WR: Julio Jones, Cruz,Garcon, Jeffrey, Douglas, ROyal
TE: Witten
K: Tucker
DEF:Carolina
FF For Life
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Delhomme17 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:06 pm

IMO, the move is to drop Heath and pick up Ellington. Ellington, IMO, will eventually supplant Mendenhall as the starter in Arizona or at the very least force a 50/50 timeshare situation. Mendenhall, frankly, sucks.

Let me try to dissuade you from holding on to Miller. You've got your TE1 in Cameron, right? Miller's max value to your team, then, is simply his marginal value over a waiver wire TE when Cameron is on bye--we're probably talking somewhere in the 3-5 point range, maybe 10 if Heath goes totally nuts. Ellington's value as a classic RB lotto ticket, either in terms of trade value or as a RB2/flex starter for you, is significantly higher. Heath is a back-end TE1/high-end TE2. He's a brand name and a good player, but your opportunity cost of rostering him is very, very high. No point in letting him hog a roster spot when his value to you over the course of the season is probably single-digit points.

EDIT: The guy above is pro-Jennings, which I can't argue with if you're thinking short-term. However, when DMC/Reece come back, Jennings' value will be nil. Further, Jennings was awful last year in Jacksonville. Just food for thought.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 514)

Postby mrkmagnus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:09 pm

I agree with the above, you really don't need Heath Miller with Cameron. I would pick up Jennings because he will be starting and getting touches, though only for as long as McFadden is gone. I would also drop Richardson and pick up anybody else you possibly could, that guy is absolute poison on the football field during every drive he is apart of. I'd probably get Ellington because Pierce is hurting and a backup for Ray Rice, who more than likely wont be losing his job this year. I couldn't say the same about Mendenhall.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=540469
mrkmagnus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 62)

Return to Who to Start/Bench