Laveranues Coles played whole season with broken foot. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Laveranues Coles played whole season with broken foot.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Laveranues Coles played whole season with broken foot.

Postby jebatzel » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:58 pm

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins receiver Laveranues Coles said Wednesday he has played nearly the entire season with a stress fracture in his foot.

The injury, which has bothered Coles since September, has made it painful to run routes, but it hasn't stopped him from being one of the team's most valuable assets in a dismal year. Coles leads the Redskins (5-9) with 69 catches for 1,023 yards.

"I tried to keep it under wraps," Coles said. "Because as a football player, I feel there should be no excuses. When you step on the field, you have to perform. If I was man enough to step out there, I'm man enough to take the responsibilities that come with it. I didn't really want to make a big issue of it."

Coles will play the final two games, but said he will have to wear a cast for four to eight weeks once the season is over. If the foot hasn't healed by then, he might have surgery.

Coles has missed several practices in recent weeks, with coach Steve Spurrier referring to the injury as a "turf toe." Coles hasn't missed a game, but his production has declined. He hasn't had a 100-yard game since Nov. 9, and he was held without a catch for the first time this season in Sunday's 27-0 loss to Dallas, a game in which the Redskins completed just seven passes.

Coles was the Redskins' biggest offseason acquisition. He signed a seven-year, $35 million deal with a $13 million signing bonus as a free agent from the New York Jets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1688616

JB
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:02 pm

Wow. I guess that explains why he was such a stud the first couple of games and then faded a little.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BESMIRCHED » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:06 pm

screw you coles...
thats no excuse...

16 Team Points League
3rd -21.56

QB:Favre Delhomme
WR:Bruce Jackson Mason Hall
RB:Dillon Smith Garner
TE:Williams
K:Hall
DL:Simoneau Thornton Bruschi Barnett Harris
DB:Harrison Hamlin Garnes Harper
Last edited by BESMIRCHED on Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jebatzel » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:07 pm

yeah the bum got me negative points last week and I lost by 9 points.

JB
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Shatner8 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:27 pm

Wow Coles must be one tough guy
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby terpfan » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:02 pm

all u coles haters can shut up. he doet everything he can possibly do to help this team win despite everything else. he is easily the mvp of the team. god i hope this doesnt become a bigger problem. get well soon laveranues! :-o
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:06 pm

jebatzel wrote:yeah the bum got me negative points last week and I lost by 9 points.

JB

I'm sure he didn't get you -9 points. fundamentally, it takes 2 to make a catch a passerr and a receiver, so don't blame coles for your lame FF teams, if you're relying on one guy (especially redskins) then blame yourselves :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jebatzel » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:06 pm

if he has such value why didn't he catch a pass this last week?

JB.
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JEB » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:19 pm

What the hell is going on over their in DC? Seems like a bunch of guys are finding out they have broken feet i.e. Ramsey. Weird. I don't blame Coles, I blame the play calling. I really think Spurrier sucks. He needs to go back to college were he can work on ending young kids careers with the fun and gun crap!
JEB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:22 pm

same reason hasslesuck had a .01? QB rating, he can't/couldn't throw in foul weather, it was painful to watch and to sit in the miserable rain and watch it, made it 100 times worse. I don't think any skin caught a ball besides flemister who fumbled his
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk