Freeman Cut, what's going on in tampa? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Freeman Cut, what's going on in tampa?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Freeman Cut, what's going on in tampa?

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Josh Freeman has been cut by the buccaneers after a tumultuous start to the season. Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... h-freeman/

So what happened here? How did the Freeman fall so quickly from grace and do they know what they are doing in TB? Is Schiano out of control here? What is going on? Open to any answers here Bucs fans.
Where does Freeman go from here? Jags have to be at end of their QB rope, no? Would seem worth a shot, barring something in Freeman's closet that black list's him in the league. Hope he finds a job and does well, not enough QB talent in the league to just throw out someone who couldn't even fit in Schiano's dog house.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Freeman Cut, what's going on in tampa?

Postby olbluestreakers » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:55 am

Obviously, this is only speculation but I think Freeman is a little lazy and Schiano is an a##. This just looks like the makings of a Vince Young situation. Jeff Fisher and Vince Young had the situation in Tennessee. Freeman has talent but will never achieve it due to his attitude or work ethic. It seems like Schiano is also butting heads with Freeman instead of working with him.
olbluestreakers
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby preeti222 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:47 am

Schiano should be next to go. Actually, he should have been first.
preeti222
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Schiano seems way to college for the NFL. These guys are grown men, not 18 or 19 year kids who just got out of high school. I personally don't like Schiano at all. Hated what he did against the Giants last year on the knee to run out the clock and his team has always seemed to play dirty. Look at all the personal foul hits or helmet to helmet hits the Bucs have gotten this year. Is Gruden going back to Tampa after this season?!
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby moochman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:38 am

Dawinner127 wrote:Schiano seems way to college for the NFL. These guys are grown men, not 18 or 19 year kids who just got out of high school. I personally don't like Schiano at all. Hated what he did against the Giants last year on the knee to run out the clock and his team has always seemed to play dirty. Look at all the personal foul hits or helmet to helmet hits the Bucs have gotten this year. Is Gruden going back to Tampa after this season?!

Sure seems like another case of over matched college control freak coach in the pro. Always amazed at how reluctant teams seem to be to own up to mistakes. At least when it comes to coaches. Must be great sellers and the pitch is so strong GMs are late to realize they bought a Yugo.
Question regarding Gruden would be why go back to coaching? TV is a powerful seducer.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:45 pm

moochman wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:Schiano seems way to college for the NFL. These guys are grown men, not 18 or 19 year kids who just got out of high school. I personally don't like Schiano at all. Hated what he did against the Giants last year on the knee to run out the clock and his team has always seemed to play dirty. Look at all the personal foul hits or helmet to helmet hits the Bucs have gotten this year. Is Gruden going back to Tampa after this season?!

Sure seems like another case of over matched college control freak coach in the pro. Always amazed at how reluctant teams seem to be to own up to mistakes. At least when it comes to coaches. Must be great sellers and the pitch is so strong GMs are late to realize they bought a Yugo.
Question regarding Gruden would be why go back to coaching? TV is a powerful seducer.

He's a great football mind and I, for sure, thought he was going to be the HC of the Eagles before they got Kelly. It is obviously just speculation though ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:36 pm

I thought the whole thing was odd. I looked at him as a top 12ish QB. I mean didn't the guy throw for 4000 yds and a decent amount of TD's last year? :-?

Really makes you wonder how it got to this. Demoted from captain, missed the team picture. There had to be some serious problems between the 2.

Schiano seems like a rump to me. He seems very dominant when he hasn't really earned that MO. Take a guy like Bill Cowher. Ive seen that guy grab a 6' 6" 330 pound lineman and twist his jersey with the most pissed off face and throwing f bombs. But there is a difference. Cowher earned it. He is a great coach with a good track record of winning. The Cowher way worked. the Schiano way doesn't yet.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk