Question about planning for next year. WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Question about planning for next year. WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question about planning for next year. WHIR!

Postby demon22 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:33 pm

In my 8 team PPR keeper league, we have the option of trading draft picks. Right now, I'm sitting at 1-3 and probably going to be 1-4 after this week. If the season keeps going like it has for me, I will miss the playoffs and be heading for a bottom 4 finish. My question is about the ethics of trading some of my better players in exchange for high draft picks next year.

In a typical league, selling your best players for not much in immediate return is highly frowned upon, especially if it's a bottom team selling to a contender. But since this is a keeper league and everyone has to plan for the future, I'm curious about how other people in a similar spot would proceed with something like this. Our trade deadline is November 15th, which is the Friday of Week 11. If I am clearly out of the running by that point, would it be unethical for me to trade players for draft spots next year?
demon22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Question about planning for next year. WHIR!

Postby jasondhoffmann » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Interesting question

Im a commish, but never in a keeper, ppr

The whole deal smells rotten, to be honest. Ethical? Not sure.
Here's the definition of ethical- "conforming to accepted standards of conduct "
So just by your own comment-
"In a typical league, selling your best players for not much in immediate return is highly frowned upon"... there's your answer.

That's my take.

Please help me, I just posted like an hour ago under my name, easy to find
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 56)

Re: Question about planning for next year. WHIR!

Postby xclusive1987 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm the commissioner in my 3-keeper league, and I see no problem with trading non-keepers for picks. I'm issuing a new rule this year though where after the trade deadline, teams will not be able to trade until after the keeper deadline.

I think it's just planning for the future. But I wouldn't give up on your season yet. I'm 1-4 as well, but there's a lot of season left to be played. I just have to hope Spiller, Richardson, and AJ Green step up their game (already gave up on Bowe).
xclusive1987
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)

Return to Commissioner's Corner