AJ Green - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

AJ Green

Moderator: Football Moderators

AJ Green

Postby Lickitysplit131 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:12 pm

I have AJ Green and might consider moving him. He has been doing nothing since week 1 when they threw to him every other play against Chicago.

Whats your guys thoughts on him staying with noddle-arm Dalton? I was thinking of trading AJ Green for Stevie Johnson and Julius Thomas(my tight end is Brandon Myers/Jermaine Gresham). I don't know if thats enough or if I should hold onto him though
The Fantasy King!
Lickitysplit131
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AJ Green

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:20 pm

I was actually considering buying AJ Green on the low in one of my leagues. The biggest problem is the guy throwing the ball to him. Green has been played man every game with safety help over the top. Dalton just can't seem to get him the ball. However, what really turned me off about Green is that I took a look at the rest of his schedule and The Bungals have a strength of schedule that looks something like this:

Weeks 6-10: WR is ranked 17 out of 32
Weeks 6-10: QB is ranked 18 out of 32

Weeks 11-15: WR is ranked 22 out of 32
Weeks 11-15: QB is ranked 31 of 32

And finally, the most important to me is the playoff weeks (14-16)

Weeks 14-16: WR ranked 14 out of 32
Weeks 14-16: QB ranked 28 of 32.

From here on out Dalton does not have a cake walk of a schedule and I can really see the combination of those 2 to continue to struggle and not give you top production that you have hoped for.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beezer » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Matchups are over-rated!! I bought low on Green this week and got rid of that BUM TRich!
14 team PPR

QB - Pryor
RB - L. Bell, Wilson, J. Bell, D. Brown
WR - AJ Green, D. Jackson, Amendola, M. Brown, DHB, Beasley, L. Moore
TE - H. Miller
K - Forbath
D - Chiefs, Bears
beezer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 119)

Postby jasondhoffmann » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Don't deal yet...any manager worth his salt will know your dumping trash. wait, til he busts out once again for a big week, then deal him! I had him last year, he is mostly bust, not boom. Frustrating as hell. so talented, freeky good, shit QB etc.... And u need to get more than a bills WR...their QB is toast,

Julius Thomas is a good start, but you can get DJax and Julius after a big AJ Green week

PATIENCE... then strike, deal him
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 56)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:15 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if AJ has a big week this week vs a horrid Buffalo secondary, but I'm still staying away. His QB is way to inconsistent for me.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Ninerfan1624 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:32 am

I wouldn't give up on this guy just yet. I have him too and am equally as frustrated. However, this guy is just too good to stay down much longer. He'll find his way and I think this week against Buffalo is it. It's not like Dalton isn't throwing him the ball. For the most part, he's still getting a ton of targets. He and Dalton aren't just hooking up right now. It will happen. Trust in his talent and his history of production. He's an elite WR who's just in a funk.
Ninerfan1624
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Delhomme17 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:06 am

AJ played very well yesterday. He's a hold if you own him and a buy if you can get him, but I think the buy-low-on-Green ship may have sailed.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 515)

Return to Football Talk