Andre Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Andre Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Andre Johnson

Postby wannabthechamp » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:44 pm

Anyone else think this guy will become a stud fantasy WR next year?
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Purple_Pride » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:57 pm

not in Houston, great reciever but i think their offence as a whole needs to improve greatly before Andre will be a stud. he could beomce a solid #2 though IMO.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shatner8 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:57 pm

If he can get someone to consistently get him the ball, he has the talent to be a top wideout
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TTTBone » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:14 pm

Wide Recievers are such a crap-shoot. R. Moss is probably the only one who's proven himself to be equal to the "stud" running backs we all so value. Oh, I forgot Marvelous Marvin, but I seem to remember everyone questioning him about week 10 or 12. Forget it, Marvin's the man. So, we have two WR's that equal stud RB's. Andre could be awesome, but awesome for Andre as a fantasy WR probably means you're about equal to Kevan Barlow or Najeh Davenport.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:49 pm

Shatner8 wrote:If he can get someone to consistently get him the ball, he has the talent to be a top wideout

I'm along these lines of thinking as well.

I'm not so sure how TripT compares a #1WR to a 2nd string and RBBC RB but Andre isn't an elite WR for sure...maybe a top 25.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:08 am

Purple_Pride wrote:not in Houston, great reciever but i think their offence as a whole needs to improve greatly before Andre will be a stud. he could beomce a solid #2 though IMO.

Their offense has the makings of greatness for the next couple years. Young stud RB, young QB who gets better every year. Elite #1 WR with a good corps of receivers around him. Above average TE who is a threat in the passing game.

Not only that...

Their defense will be average enough next year that they will be in some shootouts.

Also I like their coach.. He's taken an expansion team to the NFC Championship game, he's gutsy and just strikes me as a very good coach. As long as DD and Carr are healthy next year, I expect AJ to be a top 20 WR next year. He very quietly may be the 2nd rookie WR to 1000 yards this year.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Super Freak » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:15 am

he could possibly be a good wr next year but i don't forsee them throwing a lot they have dominich davis and stacy mack at rb they are set there
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NFLknowitall » Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:31 pm

Nonsense. Andre had a very good rookie year. His stat's dropped when Carr got hurt. I look for him to be a solid #2 receiver next year and then start to get into that upper level in his 3rd year. In my league we have rookie goomer picks that we get to keep and I grabbed him. The Capers Texans are a hard working team and will be better and better over the next few years. They followed the Cowboys Blueprint: 1st year; Draft franchise QB: Aikman to Carr, 2nd year draft franchis WR; Irvin to Andre, 3rd year get a franchise RB; Emmitt to DD or they could grab Stephan Jackson or Kevin Jones to give them a real breakaway threat. Or they could go with a huge O-linemen. They are on there way up. The only thing tough for them is their Division. Titans, Colts and the up & coming Jags. Won't be easy, but Andre is a future stud and so is Carr. They just need a little help.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TTTBone » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:03 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:If he can get someone to consistently get him the ball, he has the talent to be a top wideout

I'm along these lines of thinking as well.

I'm not so sure how TripT compares a #1WR to a 2nd string and RBBC RB but Andre isn't an elite WR for sure...maybe a top 25.

What I was getting at is that a good reciever's value is usually only equal to that of a mediocre RB. Kevan Barlow outscored Andre this year and probably will also next year. While Najeh only had half the points of Andre this year, his value as Ahman's backup puts him up there with a lot of good, but not great, recievers. Granted, the Davenport analogy was probably pushing it, but you get the idea.
Anyhow, I do think he'll be a good reciever next year, but probably not top 10.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Return to Football Talk