Quick Poll-Lions or Jets defense? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Quick Poll-Lions or Jets defense?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defense Jets or Lions--Choose 1

Jets vs Steelers
60%
Lions @ Browns
40%

Total votes : 5

Quick Poll-Lions or Jets defense?

Postby utility-hook » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Just a quick vote will do but if you would like to leave feedback, that would be great. Thanks

Jets are @ home against the Steelers. The Jets have been a solid defense against the run and not too shabby against the pass either. They have 16 sacks on the season but 8 of those came against the Bills so that number is a little misleading. Take out the Bills game and they are averaging 1.6 sacks per game. They only have 1 int and 2 fumble recoveries. The Steelers have sucked the 1st 4 games so far but they are coming off their bye week so they had extra time to maybe get their offensive woes worked out.

The Lions are @ Cleveland and are ranked 26th against the rush and 20th against the pass in my league. They are giving up a ton of yardage and are middle of the road on points given up. They have 10 sacks, 8 ints, 3 fumble recoveries, & 2 tds. The Browns are giving up lots of sacks but have been taking better care of the ball the last few games.

who should I go with?
Last edited by utility-hook on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
utility-hook
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lions or Jets defense?

Postby Team Gooch » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:20 pm

Jets. I don't think the week off will help the Steelers. Their o-line is bad, Big Ben has no time to throw. He's been sacked 15 times already. That kind of pressure will cause turnovers.
Team Gooch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Re: Quick Poll-Lions or Jets defense?

Postby RiotBoi » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:00 pm

I say Lions. They're doing well. Even if they do not get many interceptions/fumbles/TDs they'll keep the brown's points down very low.
RiotBoi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 22)

Postby utility-hook » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:20 pm

bump
utility-hook
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)

Postby Delhomme17 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Thanks for the help with mine. I like the Jets here by a hair. The Steelers' o-line is playing like crap, so I think the Jets are good for good sack and turnover numbers.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 508)

Postby sabomnim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Def jets. Steelers line sucks. Jets will get plenty of sacks and a couple of int due to rushed passes
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)

Postby drhanl » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:54 pm

I think they are both very good plays this week. But, the Jets look to be about as safe of a DEF play as you will get. PIT o line has major trouble.

DET although creating turnovers early in the year are still giving up a lot of points. That's what I project against DET. Several TO's, but also some points scored.

Jets is safer, IMO.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=541586
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby Acrobat » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:35 am

Thanks for your help with mine. I'd also go Jets

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Acrobat
Special Teams Staff