What would you give for AP? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

What would you give for AP? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What would you give for AP? WHIR

Postby jasondhoffmann » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:24 am

There's no one for him to get excited about in that deal
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Anvil » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:19 am

I say T Rich + Cobb + Garcon for AP...you still have solid depth at WR with Gordon, Hilton, and Blackmon
Anvil
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby j diggs » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:22 am

Fair value for him?
I want him to want to make the deal
Record: 3-3 10-team, .25 PPR Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1W/R/T, 1K, 1D
QB: Brady
RB: Martin, Foster, T. Richardson, SJax
WR: D. Thomas, B. Marshall, R. Cobb, Garcon, Gordon, Blackmon, TY Hilton
TE: J. Thomas
Def: NYJ K: J. Tucker
j diggs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

Postby Anvil » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:35 am

Yes, if he pondered the other one for a bit try it with Garcon and see if he budges. Or maybe start to look at trading for AP and Cutler, that way he feels as tho he is utilizing his backup in a trade. Rodgers has already had his bye so he should be willing to get rid of Cutler and he might look at the trade more positively. Perhaps T Rich, Cobb, Garcon and Blackmon/Hilton for AP and Cutler.
Anvil
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby jasondhoffmann » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:37 am

too much!

you need to get welker back in the deal too
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby reign1 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:15 am

Problem is, if I'm him I wouldn't make any of those trades for AP, the downgrade of going from AP to any of those rbs doesn't make up for slight gain in wr. That being said, it doesn't hurt to try and I'd try with least and work your way up and I would do any of those trades in a heartbeat for AP if I was you
reign1
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 21)

Postby jasondhoffmann » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:26 am

take it from a multi time champ...

Do my deal, don't waste time F'n around, low ballin, its annoying and will make him putz around, youll miss out on a monster week from AP, and Welker!!!

AP is gonna kill dudes tomorrow. Man possessed. Get em, get Welker, don't low ball, u are getting the two best players in fantasy in my opinion.

The only reason people still sleep on Welker is cause he is little and white, if he was black and built like Calvin Johnson--- you'd be ecstatic to get em. His consisten #s and talent don't lie. He is durable, deadly, reliable, tough as nails... don't f around
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby broseph jacobs » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:20 pm

First off, I want to start by saying it is a despicable and horrible thing that happened to Adrian's son. My heart goes out to him. Can't even imagine...

For this trade I have a few initial thoughts. First is the blurb about Murray. DeMarco is loud and proud about his willingness and tendency to run in a way that puts his body at risk. He is quoted as saying something very close to "I would rather run hard and ruin my body to give my team my all, and miss the rest of the season, then to shortchange my team." That's not a direct quote, but it's the sentiment. He said this in late August this year. That statemetn puts me in the position where, if I'm betting on Murray as a RB starter for me, I know I am a gamblin' man for sure.
Peterson IS averaging 20 fantasy points per game. His value is untouchable. The fact that this dude is open to a trade is really something. So you offered Cobb and TRich for AP (and I am assuming Garçon was kept out of it?) and he rejected. But he thought about it. That's good.

Because he wants WR's, I would try Demaryius + Blackmon for AP. Let's not assume he doesn't want to lose RB depth. If he rejects that, fine. I would still be okay with TRich + Demaryius + Blackmon for AP. If that fails, send him TRich + Demaryius + Gordon for AP.

Here's my reasoning:
A) AD is an upgrade at RB, so you can send TRich away. Plus, with the question marks around Richardson at the moment it's a wise move to do it now.
B) You have Brandon Marshall who has the best fantasy playoff schedule of any WR, Cobb who will finish a top 5 WR, and Garcon who will come alive even more in the second half with a cherry schedule for the most part.
C) Demaryius is going to be up and down. Sure, tomorrow vs JAX he could get 2 TD's. The next week it will be 6 FP. This isn't just going on this year. I owned him last year, and it was the same thing WITHOUT Julius or Welker.
D) Basically, you would be upgrading BIG at RB and would still have WR1 talent to fill the WR spots.

You have the depth. Make it happen.
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:31 pm

And Dacker....

Too many options there but if your league is PPR Welker is automatic.

Try Garcon, Hilton, TRich and something for Welker Cutler and AP.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j diggs » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:44 pm

BrosePhD; I feel like he'd almost have to accept the TRich and Thomas offer. I'll try TRich garcon Cobb first, then try Jason's offer where I get welker too, and then go to yours if I have to. May have him throw in vjax if he's down bc he hates him right now
The mofo is either working in the hospital or avoiding my texts right now haha.
Btw I dealt him welker for Marshall earlier this season. Idk if that affects your thinking everybody
Record: 3-3 10-team, .25 PPR Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1W/R/T, 1K, 1D
QB: Brady
RB: Martin, Foster, T. Richardson, SJax
WR: D. Thomas, B. Marshall, R. Cobb, Garcon, Gordon, Blackmon, TY Hilton
TE: J. Thomas
Def: NYJ K: J. Tucker
j diggs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

PreviousNext