should i veto the trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

should i veto the trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

should i veto the trade?

Postby novice_commish » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:14 am

Hi,

This is only my second year playing ff and I am the commissioner of a league. In this league, a 2-3 team just traded demaryius thomas, lesean mccoy, chris givens, and jared cook (he has also has martellus bennett) for eric decker, fred jackson, eddy royal, and julius thomas to the team in first place. To me, the trade looks unbalanced and I suspect collusion... But I don't know that that is what is happening. It also looks very clear to me that the team giving up mccoy and demaryius is taking a step backward. At least one other league member feels the same way and I am awaitjng others' feedback.

As commissioner, should I veto it?

Thanks for your input.
novice_commish
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: should i veto the trade?

Postby Delhomme17 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Can you prove collusion? If not, let the trade stand.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 508)

Postby jasondhoffmann » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm a seasoned fantasy commish/manager

Not to toot my horn- just some background

First like the previous response- can you prove collusion, or have any good reason to believe so? I mean 2-3 is by no means a record to give up on. Long season to go.

Second if you look carefully at the balance, which does not always matter- One person's gold is another's trash. In this case I see it pretty balanced. Demaryus Thomas and Julius Thomas compared- J. Thomas has MORE points. Demaryus has bigger box office appeal. But #'s wise- JT is an improvement!
Fred Jackson is surprisingly ranked highly this year, and once again scoring a significant amount of points. Not Shady McCoy #'s but top tier.
Eric Decker- look at his #'s also...very impressive, especially if you look at targets. He and Julius seem to be his favs.
The rest of the deal is not that significant to me. Eddie Royal actually had some very impressive outings.

So the team in question---to me, seems to have made a decent deal.

Nowhere near veto level.

I hate the idea of vetos---9 times out of 10 it is jealous owners wishing they were savvy enough to strike a deal.

Good luck
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 56)

Postby jasondhoffmann » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:42 pm

please help me, I just responded to yours, its under my name a few moments ago
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 56)

Postby xclusive1987 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:33 pm

I would never do that trade if I was the one giving up DT and Mccoy, but numbers wise it seems fair.

Even if it didn't, no trade should ever be vetoed unless there is clear collusion. Trade negotiation is a skill, and teams want to make lopsided trades that help them out. As long as nothing shady is going on, let them do what they want.
xclusive1987
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 88)

Return to Commissioner's Corner