Bold WR question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Bold WR question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bold WR question

Postby dawson94 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:03 am

Whenever I decide my starting WR lineup, AJ Green has never been a bench option. People on these forums never think he is either. But after week 1 he has been giving be a mere 5 to 6 points a game. I am starting Eric Decker at WR1, but who should I start at WR2 and flex? Should I bench Green or is that not an option because he's an elite WR? Here's the guys I have: AJ, Decker, Torrey Smith, Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, and Denarius Moore. Non ppr. Remember, I need 3 of those guys including Decker. Thank you.
dawson94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bold WR question

Postby Delhomme17 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:34 am

As a fellow Green owner (although thankfully in a PPR league), I can empathize with you. However, I still think he starts for you this week--not because you drafted him high, because he's a "stud", etc., but because he's the most talented guy on your roster and has a juicy matchup (look at what other WR's have done against the Bills this year). The Dalton concerns are valid, but only to a point. Green has produced like a star in the past, and guess who was throwing to him? Dalton.

Decker, Green, and Torrey, IMO, are your guys. Hard to sit Gordon, but these three are better plays. Nice group of receivers, BTW.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 509)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bold WR question

Postby robotninja » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Agree with Delhomme, even though he has been slow he still has a chance to win you a game every week. And this week is a great matchup to start that with.

I would also go with Torrey Smith because GB's defense is beat the hell up and as a Packers fan I am terrified of the feed Ray Rice then Play action to Torrey smith combo this weekend.

Thoughts on mine?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=541475
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley