Rodgers or Romo WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Rodgers or Romo WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rodgers or Romo WHIR

Postby trumptight » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:41 pm

I have only started Romo when Rodgers was on the bye. GB has only scored td's in 5/12 red zone trips this year and the bmore defense is the bmore defense. im leaning towards romo this week, it just seems strange to have rodgers on the bench though
trumptight
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rodgers or Romo WHIR

Postby hammertime » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Depends on the matchups are they at home/away and vs who?
(12 teams)
Eli, Schaub
Spiller, CJK2, Miller, Bell, F-Jax
B-Marsh, Cruz, J Jones, Givens, Broyles
Fleener, Celek, Allen
Bailey

(10 teams)
Peyton, Vick
MCcoy, CJk2, Ridley, Tate, G Bernard
A Brown, Amendola, Wallace, T Smith, Hilton
Cook
Bengels
Jan-ski
hammertime
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rodgers or Romo WHIR

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:17 pm

romo's been 17, 14, 20, 19, 42 on the season thus far, and while it's awfully tempting to try and roll with a hot hand who you think could drop 40 for you, man, you've got aaron rodgers on your team. you've gotta roll him out there every week until it's some sort of seasonlong trend.

rodgers has been 25, 35, then 14 and 15pts in his 4 weeks thus far. it's easier to shake off the last two weeks as abhorrations because aaron rodgers is a premium ~25pt/week quarterback, hell, rodgers always has a chance to go out and drop 30 on any given week, which is arguably the most advantageous head start you could have on a fantasy football team. it's easy to remember that washington @ dallas shootout last year where there was no defense whatsoever and both romo and rg3 went off, especially when you saw den@DAL end up a 51-48 affair last weekend. and romo's gonna get his because he's got dez bryant and jason witten and demarco murray out there doing their thing.... and that defense isn't good enough for them to go out and win 31-3 type games, so odds are they're going to be scoring in the upper 20s/30s week in and week out, so really either way i think you're pretty much set.

aaron rodgers is @ baltimore while tony romo's welcoming washington into town. the 2013-14 baltimore defense is officially a far cry from the more dominant defenses of years past, and obviously washington isn't doing that much of anything on defense. they're both solid B+/A- matchups, maybe even solid As.... so really it doesn't matter what you pick cuz you're likely going to end up with a 20+ point weekend, so with that said i'd go with the guy whose fantasy track record over the last ~3-4 years or whatever has been a cavalcade of 25-35pt games; i'll go with aaron rodgers. simply put, there's just more of a chance for romo to bottom out than there is for rodgers, and if 15pts if bottoming out.... well crap man, look at some of the #s brady's (not) putting up this year and tell me that a worst case scenario of 15pts is really that bad.

btw, would you mind having a gander @ my thread? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=541482 >> merci beaucoup!
sinicalypse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Who to Start/Bench