problem with my commish. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

problem with my commish.

Moderator: Football Moderators

problem with my commish.

Postby sdriscoll84 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:23 pm

So its a 40$ league. He was 1-3 whe he asked someone to hook it up. He traded his 2nd d for Philip rivers and then the person he traded with dropped the dvthe next day... What would you do. Btw I haven't paid yet.
QB. Romo, Ryan
WR. Cobb, Gordon, Wayne, Jeffrey
RB. Forte, Bush, Williams, j.bell
TE. Fleener, Cumberland, Clay
K. Hauschka
D. San Francisco
sdriscoll84
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: problem with my commish.

Postby nflfantasyaddict » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:52 am

Bummer when you're Commish is a cheater, bad enough when a Commish lets others cheat, but cheat himself, Where is the integrity?

Anyway, this is gonna go on all year. Do you know the people in your league, are the close friends? The thing is, if you complain there may be a chance, depending on who's in your league and your relationships with them that you're just going to be harassed and called a whiner. You either eat the $40 and hope to win, Pay $40 and complain which will lead to anger and resentment and possibly alienation, broken friendships, or Stiff them $40 which will lead to the same thing as complaining with the added insult of them calling you cheap. Ask yourself, is $40 worth the aggravation, the fights, possibly losing friends. Short answer is no, but it's up to you. I had a similar situation happen last year and I spoke up, and my friend was the commish and the rest of the league was made up of my friend's family and family friends, none of which I knew. So you can see how that turned out. Badly. Not worth it. Pay up. Don't say shit, and win despite that shit, and certainly never be in a league with those people again. It'll be hard because you are absolutely right, but there's nothing you can do without the situation getting blown out of hand. Plus, If he's 1-3, how much can 1 qb help?
nflfantasyaddict
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby sdriscoll84 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:03 am

We'll see how much it could help him. It got him a win last week when the QB he had. Eli. Would have gotten him a loss. He's 2-3 now. I'm 4-1 and in second place, the guy who gave up rivers is in first. I gave my forty bucks and told him my feelings on the situation, his response was anybody can veto trades. Wack. But ya I've known them all for at least 5-7 years, some since elementary school. I'm 23
QB. Romo, Ryan
WR. Cobb, Gordon, Wayne, Jeffrey
RB. Forte, Bush, Williams, j.bell
TE. Fleener, Cumberland, Clay
K. Hauschka
D. San Francisco
sdriscoll84
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nflfantasyaddict » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:52 am

Yeah, it's a shitty situation. The problem with these situations is you'll no doubt be right but whether you say anything or not, most likely nothing will change. Don't be surprised if stuff like this keeps happening, maybe if other people in your league get pissed about it then you'll have more leverage and clout. Good luck to you. Remember, you entered just for fun. It's not like your trying to make a living on it, the money just forces people not to abandon half way through. Now you know something about your friend who got rivers and ur friend willing to give him up for nothing, your choice whether u want to continue to be friends with such people or if its more important to you to not lose your friendships, some since elementary. The answer will always probably be not enough to ruin your friendships, but you'll likely never look at him the same way again. Again, Good luck!
nflfantasyaddict
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Commissioner's Corner