*Blockbuster Trade*-Nuts or Genius? U judge - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

*Blockbuster Trade*-Nuts or Genius? U judge

Moderator: Football Moderators

*Blockbuster Trade*-Nuts or Genius? U judge

Postby jasondhoffmann » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:53 pm

I'm offering: Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, AND Freddy Jackson

For: Dez Bryant

Backstory: I just traded twice in 2 days. I gave away Demaryus Thomas for J. Charles, AND then with another manager I gave Ray Rice for DeSean Jackson. I hate to give all my strategy away here, but oh well...it's brought me multiple championships, and thousands of $$$$. Actually probably like $1500 since starting fantasy like 8 yrs ago.

I believe in depth, and over selling for the one piece of the puzzle that's missing! I give lots away for WHAT I BELIEVE is the key to the title. I do this every year. It is a big gamble, but that's why I love it, and this is where my football/fantasy knowledge comes into play. Where most people will low-ball, and try bluffs, and such... I go for the gusto. Dez in my opinion is the best WR in fantasy, and football, and potentially of all time. Yes, better than Jerry Rice, and Calvin Johnson!! Debate me if you want!
Church!
I don't mess around

My Squad:

QB Matt Ryan
RB M. Forte
RB J. Charles
WR A. Johnson
WR DeSean Jackson
FX K. Moreno
DF Chiefs D
K D. Bailey

BENCH
J. Cutler
LeVeon Bell
Fred Jackson
Reggie Wayne
A. Gates
James Jones
Jordan Cameron
Julius Thomas

Their Sqaud:
QB A. Luck
RB A. Foster
RB A. Morris
WR Dez Bryant
WR V. Jackson
FX E. Decker
DF Bengals D
K A. Henery

Bench
RGIII
L. Miller
B. Tate
D. Woodhead
L. Moore
Jordy Nelson
Greg Olsen
Kyle Rudolph

We play standard league rules, and WRs/TEs are same thing, can be used interchangeably. QB, 2RBs, 2WRs/TEs, Flex, K, D
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: *Blockbuster Trade*-Nuts or Genius? U judge

Postby jasondhoffmann » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm

15 views, no replies... come on fantasy lovers... opinions
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Thanks for the reply....please help on the 2nd part about this week....txs

I love your style of thinking.....you got to go (I do as well) where the fantasy points are and most people still go with the names....I say if AP is rolling up 20 FPPG and you got a W.McGahee and after 5-6 weeks he is rolling 30 FPPG I would go with McGahee.....most people would say it's a fluke and he is just getting lucky....well after 5-6 weeks you should know who is getting the Fantasy points and who is not so I love D.Bryant and I agree to a point about a great WR.....in Fantasy (this year as well as others) he is Fantasy WR Gold!

I love what you are doing and say go for it even though you are giving up a lot. I know you don't want to lowball the other guy and want to get straight to the point with the trade offer but most people would take that deal in a heartbeat so I think you could get something else in return! I also noticed you have 3 awesome Top TE's....why keep all those TE's? I mean I think you could maybe even offer up a TE in your same offer and get say D.Bryant+Decker/VJAX/Jordy+Woodhead/Miller.....I seriously think he would do something like that even....you give say FJAX+Wayne+AJ+Cameron for his Dez+Miller+Decker.....something like that I say he still does (can always change it) cause while it's nice to trade for the top guys you lose most your depth and while depth is only needed is someone gets hurt what if say Dez gets hurt after you trade for him...then you have no depth but what's on the wire! I would get something more from the other person since you know you can....

Anyone would take AJ+Wayne+FJAX for Dez (ok...almost everyone) so why not ask for 1 more piece or 2 more pieces or add a TE and get a couple more pieces.....I am sure that the guys he has is better than most the guys on the wire that you would grab with the extra spots!

Good thinking brutha and good luck on the trade whatever you do decide. I love the fact of getting the best players in the game/fantasy but you might as well maximize the offer to the fullest if possible. Good luck!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 33)

Postby jasondhoffmann » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Our TEs are usable as WR. Its WR/TE position, and a flex that= WR/TE/RB
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Oh...ok...well that's pretty awesome (for you that is) since having Gates+J.Thomas+Cameron is real nice then...lol

I would still though shoot for say AJ+Wayne+FJAX for Dez+Woodhead/Miller....maybe something like that unless you want a WR instead of a RB. I think the other person would still easily be inclined to accept.

Or maybe just do Wayne+AJ for Dez and see how that goes....I feel it's still a good deal (the offer you want to do) but if you are giving up all of that I still think you could get something else in return and that something else is most likely better then what you would get off the WW with the extra 2 spots you will be gaining....
WhipperSnappers44
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 33)

Postby j diggs » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:24 pm

JDH I love this trade for you. You're stacked at RB so losing those guys doesn't really hurt you, although I like the idea of asking for woodhead too--UNLESS there's something = or better on the WW. If i recall you play in like a 6 team league? I'm sure theres some sweet stuff on the wire.
Your WR depth is absurd considering your TEs you can use as a WR. That's good b/c Dez is injury prone no doubt.

So go get it!
Record: 3-3 10-team, .25 PPR Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1W/R/T, 1K, 1D
QB: Brady
RB: Martin, Foster, T. Richardson, SJax
WR: D. Thomas, B. Marshall, R. Cobb, Garcon, Gordon, Blackmon, TY Hilton
TE: J. Thomas
Def: NYJ K: J. Tucker
j diggs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

Postby jasondhoffmann » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:32 pm

8 teams
jasondhoffmann
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby j diggs » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Ah my bad man!

Either way, 8 teams, still gonna be something decent on the WW for RB depth. You got this in the bag
Record: 3-3 10-team, .25 PPR Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1W/R/T, 1K, 1D
QB: Brady
RB: Martin, Foster, T. Richardson, SJax
WR: D. Thomas, B. Marshall, R. Cobb, Garcon, Gordon, Blackmon, TY Hilton
TE: J. Thomas
Def: NYJ K: J. Tucker
j diggs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions