Pick 2 of 3: Green, Jackson, Gordon..WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Pick 2 of 3: Green, Jackson, Gordon..WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick 2 of 3: Green, Jackson, Gordon..WHIR

Postby crazymike0907 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:55 am

So I'm not sure which 2 guys to start in my WR spots. Right now I have Reggie Bush in my flex. My options are

AJ Green @ Buffalo
Vincent Jackson Vs. Philadelphia
Josh Gordon Vs. Detroit

Right now I have Green and Gordon starting. Jackson has a really good matchup against the Eagles, but with a new QB and Mike Williams being out, who else does Tampa have? Eagles could double coverage Jackson.

Green has been disappointing so far other then week 1, as I'm sure he's being double covered as well. Plus Dalton seems to be having a shaky year.

As for Gordon, Detroit hasn't been all that great in pass defense, but I just do not trust Brandon Weeden to be consistent for an entire game.

So what do you guys think? I find it hard to sit Green seeing as how he is considered a 'stud,' but so is Vincent Jackson. So what do you guys think? Any help is appreciated, and as usual, WHIR
crazymike0907
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick 2 of 3: Green, Jackson, Gordon..WHIR

Postby whitewlf36 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:20 am

Green gordon.I feel same about weeden but vjax isn't showing much lately
whitewlf36
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick 2 of 3: Green, Jackson, Gordon..WHIR

Postby sinicalypse » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 am

actually, i'd go with green and vjax here. yeah i know gordon has been great lately with 3 weeks of 24, 7, 15 coming back from his suspension, but i think he's due to have a dud sooner or later, and now with teams knowing he's a legit threat they can key off on him and try to make weeden/mcgahee beat you, and most everyone in football would take their chances with that.

i know that glennon's there with vjax, but with the #1 fantasy opponent in terms of giving up WR points and the fact that he's healthy coming off of a bye week, i think you gotta roll with your proper cadillac here and give it to vjax. suffice to say, i think there's a chance for both vjax and gordon to have underwhelming <5pt weeks, but that's far more likely to happen with gordon, not to mention that in ideal conditions most would agree that vjax has the most upside here. so that eclectic combination of the least downside with the most upside = go with vjax here.

take a look @ my thread would ye? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=541620 >> merci beaucoup
sinicalypse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Who to Start/Bench