League participation issue - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League participation issue

Moderator: Football Moderators

League participation issue

Postby xclusive1987 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:36 pm

So basically, I'm the commissioner of a very competitive keeper league. Everyone knows each other and keeps up with the league. This is the 6th year. This year, a few members are also a part of other leagues and are doing the bare minimum. Not showing up to league outings, not responding to trade proposals, not filling their lineups until after the first wave of games starts.

A few of the guys are now in another league together which also has a live draft and one member posted on Facebook a screenshot of a chat their other league has every Sunday, yet he barely talks football with us. Now I am in another league as well with my college roommates I never get to see anymore, but I treat it like my minor league team and could care less how the season turns out. My original league is the one I care about.

Myself and the other league members that get together on Sundays kind of wish the others were as into the league as everyone was when we started it. Is there a way to get everyone back or should I just let them do their own thing? Keep in mind there is a waiting list for this league which includes a couple of people who would kill to be in it.
xclusive1987
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League participation issue

Postby Delhomme17 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:12 am

Well there's nothing you can do now that the season has started, but when you're organizing everything for next year I would talk to the guys who aren't paying attention. Tactfully explain that you noticed a big participation drop and let them know that if they want to quit, it's nothing personal. Shitty situation to be in as a commish--hope everything works out.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 511)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner