Trade settings - draft picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trade settings - draft picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade settings - draft picks

Postby Barn Rats » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Need advice regarding trades involving draft picks. Please share your experiences with allowing (or not allowing) these types of trades.

This is the 7th year of our office Yahoo! Fantasy Football League (open to current employees only), and my first year as commissioner. This is not a "keeper" League. In each of the previous six years, the "Allow draft pick trades" was disabled. I did not notice that this option was changed for this year. There was no discussion about making this change. Now, there is a trade that has been accepted (involving the previous Commissioner) that involves 2014 draft picks.

I have two concerns about this setting for our league: 1.) If a player knows he/she will not be returning next year, he/she may be inclined to trade away high draft picks. 2.) If a player trades draft picks and then is not in the league the following year, what happens to those traded picks? We do usually have 1 or 2 people leave/join our League each year.

I have asked our League for input, but have not gotten any suggestions for how to handle these situations.

HELP!!!! Thanks in advance.
Barn Rats
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner