Bush/Graham for Charles/Martin WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Bush/Graham for Charles/Martin WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bush/Graham for Charles/Martin WHIR

Postby bale » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:35 pm

This offer is currently on the table. I feel that Charles and Graham are an even swap. Best TE vs arguably the best RB. Bush is better than Martin right now, but both come with risks. Bennett will tide me over until Gronk hopefully gets back. My WR corps are good enough to let go of Harvin. The KC defense is a big upgrade over the 2 I have now.

Basically the question is, Is the upgrade with Jamal Charles worth the downgrade in Martin and Bennett?

The trade is:
My
R Bush
J Graham
Harvin
CLEVELAND Defense
for

His
J Charles
D Martin
M Bennett
KC Defense

My team:

12 team, 1 pt PPR
QB WR WR WR RB RB TE FLEX

Romo, E Manning
R Bush, Sproles, D Wilson, Spiller
D Thomas, B Marshall, Cruz, R White, Harvin, T Wright, S Johnson
J Graham, Gronkowski
Yay for Offensive Coordinators!!!
bale
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bush/Graham for Charles/Martin WHIR

Postby Game » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:57 pm

I like this trade for you. Bush is great but Charles is better and if Martin comes around that's a deadly 1-2 punch. It sucks to lose Graham given the huge advantage he generally gives you at TE but if Gronk comes back he give you the same advantage and Bennett is a solid fill in. Also Graham did get hurt yesterday although reports say he should be good after the bye.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=541725
Game
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby garretterik » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:14 pm

I like your thinking here. This trade looks pretty even, but you are getting the best player in Charles. Like Game said if Marin comes around and Gronk comes back soon this could be a GREAT trade for you. ;-D
Thanks for the help in mine.
garretterik
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 29)

Postby jeff.miller21 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Do this trade just because you have Gronk to back you up. While Doug Martin hasn't been putting up his huge fantasy numbers from last year, nearly every game has been a solid game. With you getting Jamal Charles it will easily upgrade your team. Kansas City D has been getting an unreal amount of fantasy points this year... They has 10 sacks this week??? Do this trade
jeff.miller21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby AckmedJones » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:35 pm

I would do it. You're getting the best player, Bush is injury prone and Harvin who knows what he'll do as a throw in when he comes back. Gronkowski will be Brady's go to when he's back and doesn't seem very comfortable with anybody right now so good news for you. Marginal upgrade in defense and Doug Martin may just start producing if TB can keep scoring a few points rather than playing from behind 20+ all game.
AckmedJones
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mean One » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:00 am

Nice trade for you. ;-D
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby Itchy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:02 am

I'd do it in a second. I have Graham too and wouldn't want to lose him but Bennett should do ok until Gronk returns. Charles and KC!!

viewtopic.php?t=541747
Itchy Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 24)

Postby JT Money » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:13 am

Do it! No brainer.

Charles is an animal this year. Sucks to lose Bush, but you'll have Spiller and Martin to rotate into the RB2 slot. You are stacked at WR, so no worries losing Harvin. Graham is a big loss, but Gronk will be back very soon, and Bennett is a solid TE to hold you over. (I'd know, Bennett has been holding me over for Gronk all season). Then getting KC is just the icing on the cake.

Mine:
viewtopic.php?t=541746
JT Money
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Delhomme17 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:19 am

Yeah, this is a great deal for you. You can afford to give up Harvin since your WR depth is awesome, and the downgrade from Graham to Bennett isn't a huge deal since you have Gronk in your back pocket. The upgrade from Bush to Charles is sweet, and you land the best defense in the game in KC. Do this one yesterday, dude!

Here's mine: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=396&t=541739
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 515)

Postby WhoDatRebs » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:25 am

This depends on your record (if you are undefeated or something, I might not do it), but I would probably pull the trigger here. Bush is just such an injury concern and losing Graham doesn't hurt as bad when you have Gronk there. Charles is a stud, and Martin will end up being a high end RB2, at worst. I would pull the trigger. Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=541750
WhoDatRebs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 102)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions