Team is a trainwreck, need help w/ starters, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Team is a trainwreck, need help w/ starters, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Team is a trainwreck, need help w/ starters, WHIR

Postby LSUby50 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:26 am

My team is somehow 3-3 despite battling injuries at nearly every postion and being last in scoring.

need some help with a lineup, because i cant get it right.
QB: (need 1)( i cant get these 2 right. Whichever one i start lays an egg, and whichever is on my bench goes for 30+ poiunts)
Romo @Philly
Cam vs St Louis

RB: (need 2)(been a mess since the beginning with SJax and CJ Spiller drafted as my starters, now im living week to week off the scrap heap RBs)
Zac Stacy @ Car
Joseph Randle @Philly
CJ Spiller @ Miami (scored his only TD in the only game i benched him)
Lamar Miller vs Buff

WR/TE (need 3) ( My original 3-Calvin, Roddy battling injuries every week, and Nicks is a roller coaster.)
Calvin Johnson vs Cinci
A. Gates @ Jax
H. Nicks vs Minn
Boldin @ Tenn
Roddy White vs TB

Any ideas what to do with this team? It was stacked to start the year but has to be the most snake-bitten team ive ever had. Its hard to sell low on any of these guys because a) nobody wants them, and b) they all have potential to be huge if/when healthy.

thanks, WHIR, but im not sure you want my help this year :~(
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Team is a trainwreck, need help w/ starters, WHIR

Postby jblaze102 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:58 am

lol... my wife has the same exact problem. She's got Cam & Romo and plays the wrong one every week! This week though I would recommend Romo over Cam. (That's what I'm telling my wife as well)
Philly is just allowing ANYONE to come in there and have their way with them. To put it into perspective... The rookie, Mike Glennon, in only his 2nd NFL start last week threw for nearly 300 yards and 2 TDs against Philly.

For RB's, I would recommend putting your faith in Spiller this week. He's still not 100%, but he's well enough to do some damage to Miami. For RB2, I think Randle is a good pick up and play. He's gonna hit the ground running. (Pun totally intended) Minnesota gets gashed alot in the run game and Romo, Bryant, and Witten will keep the focus away from him to allow him to do his thing.

At WR, you always have to start Megatron. Even if the matchup doesn't look good on paper. He's the kind of receiver that defies matchups, but MORE IMPORTANTLY, if you don't play him and he has a good game, you'll want to vomit in your cereal. At WR2, I'd go Nicks. I believe this will be the week that the Giants get their first win. They're not as bad as their record suggests. They've faced some really tough teams, and yes there have been misques and lack of protection for Eli, but Minnesota is not one of those elite teams that can shut down Eli or his receivers for that matter.

Plug in Gates at the flex and Good luck!

As for what to do with your team... Be patient. Spiller is going to start producing soon. His injury is slowly getting better each week and once it does, so will his numbers. The same goes for Roddy White. Once he gets healthy, he has ZERO competition now that Julio is gone. My one recommendation would be to start watching for Mario Manningham. Pick him up next week. He'll complement Boldin on your team.
jblaze102
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby trifecta » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:00 am

I feel your running back pain.

QB- Romo (he's less likely to flop)
RB- Stacy (he gets a lot of touches) and Randle (Spiller is too unpredictable also Randle could get some cheap TD's in a game to earn more time)
WR/TE- Calvin, Boldin, Gates

I would try to trade one of your QB's. It'll save you the stress of picking the right QB each week.

Help? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=541829
trifecta
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zjk924 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:23 am

I'd say Romo vs. terribad Eagles d
Probably Miller and Randle at RB. Miami D is stouter, than people realize, and Spiller isn't doing mazingly well these days, you gotta go with what you can depend on.
Definitely Gates at TE
Nicks/Megatron at WR

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=541836
zjk924
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Postby LSUby50 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:10 am

Thanks for the input guys, I think i responded to all who asked. (take it for what its worth ;-D )

Now at least i can blame you guys if my team stinks again. :-)
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Return to Who to Start/Bench