Randall Cobb hurt, no WR depth. EDITED with 3rd offer, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Randall Cobb hurt, no WR depth. EDITED with 3rd offer, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randall Cobb hurt, no WR depth. EDITED with 3rd offer, WHIR

Postby WhoDatRebs » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

So Cobb went down, which was my worst nightmare as I have no WR depth behind him and Colston. I have THREE possible trade partners for all of my RB depth, so I'm trying to find the best deal. I have put in a waiver for Keenan Allen, but probably won't get him (Waiver 9/12), and also Boykin and Durham, but they aren't the answer. (By the way, my team just dropped to 3-3, in a very tight league, no teams at 5-1, 5 at 4-2, 3 at 3-3, 3 at 2-4, 1 at 1-5.) BIG EDIT: THERE IS A 3rd team in the mix, check the bottom of the post for details.

My Team: 12 team Standard, Non-keeper. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 Def, 1 DP

QB: Peyton, Pryor
RB: McCoy, MJD, Powell, Ellington, Stacy
WR: Colston, Givens, Vincent Brown, Stephen Hill, Cobb (Do I keep him and take up a roster spot, hoping I can use him later)
TE: Julius Thomas, Coby Fleener
K: Hartley (Will drop for bye)
Def: Broncos
DP: N. Bowman

Trade Scenario #1:

This guy is a guy I just pulled off a trade for last week, My Vick and Finley for his Julius Thomas. Here are his WRs:

WR: Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Emmanual Sanders, Jericho Cotchery, Marlon Brown, Greg Jennings, Austin Pettis, Eddie Royal.

He said he would trade:

Powell or Ellington
for
Any of his WRs other than CJ or Vincent Jackson.

Not sure I like any of his other wideouts, but if you had to pick a deal, what would it be?

Trade Scenario 2:

His WRs:
Erick Decker, Hakeem Nicks, James Jones, Percy Harvin, Kendall Wright

I haven't talked to him in great detail yet, but I told him I was interested in Nicks or Jones and he is interested in MJD, Powell or Ellington.

What is my best trade scenario here???

MJD, Powell or Ellington
for
Nicks or James Jones

Trade Scenario #3

Antonio Brown or Brian Hartline
for
MJD

I like trading to get Brown over Hartline, but is this trade worth it to give up MJD and roll with the RB's I have? Is this the best option?

Not sure which of the 3 RBs he would take, but IMO, I rank them MJD, Powell, Ellington for the rest of the season. I am leaning towards Ellington being the one I would most likely get rid of, as he and MJD have the same bye week, and I don't know if I would ever start him over Powell now that Goodson is out for the season. I also plan to pick up one or both of Andre Brown or Shane Vereen in the coming weeks to bolster my RB depth, if I make a trade here. Probably will pick up Crabtree and stash him too, especially if I make one of these trades and continue to struggle at WR.

What's my best option here? WHIR, just post a link.
Last edited by WhoDatRebs on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
WhoDatRebs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 102)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Randall Cobb hurt, no WR depth WHIR

Postby Mean One » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:28 am

I would look at Trade 2 and go with Nicks for Ellington and see if he bites on that. If this was a PPR league Ellington would have more value but I see Powell ahead of Ellington for now.

Trade 1 does little, if anything, for your team. You can do just as good off waivers as you can with the options he listed. Hopefully you can acquire Allen or possibly Durham. But don't drop Cobb just yet! 8-o
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby BohicanRhapsody » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:47 am

It would be nice to know a little more on Randall Cobb's injury as I think that would directly affect J. Jones future long-term production. It would be also nice to know if Nicks is going to be traded, however unlikely that is. That being said, I think Nicks for Ellington would be an okay trade. He has a good matchup vs. Vikings next week. I like James Jones a little bit more long-term, especially if R. Cobb is out for 6-8 weeks. Can you stall him until more info leaks out?
BohicanRhapsody
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby WhoDatRebs » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:53 am

BohicanRhapsody wrote:It would be nice to know a little more on Randall Cobb's injury as I think that would directly affect J. Jones future long-term production. It would be also nice to know if Nicks is going to be traded, however unlikely that is. That being said, I think Nicks for Ellington would be an okay trade. He has a good matchup vs. Vikings next week. I like James Jones a little bit more long-term, especially if R. Cobb is out for 6-8 weeks. Can you stall him until more info leaks out?

Last I heard, Cobb is for sure out 6-8 weeks. So if I get Jones, he can be a nice replacement to hopefully get some more targets until Cobb gets back (provided I make the playoffs and can get Cobb back). I would be all over Nicks if I knew he was going to get traded for sure, because he would probably be the #1 WR on all of the teams that have been rumored to be interested in him (Pats, Ravens, Falcons, 49ers)
WhoDatRebs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 102)

Postby rasmusDoh » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:24 am

I'd give Nicks for Ellington a try first!
2013 roster (10-man PPR league)

QBs: R. Wilson, Romo
RBs: D. Martin, Sproles, L. Miller, G. Bernard
WRs: R. White, Amendola, Josh Gordon, Edelman, James Jones, Keenan Allen
TEs: Graham
K: Weekly
DEF: Weekly
rasmusDoh
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 174)

Postby steelglam » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:35 am

If you can't get CJ or VJ, I don't think there's anything of value for you in trade scenario #1.

In #2, I agree with the others here that have proposed Nicks for Ellington. That seems fair and reasonable. Jones is a wildcard due to his and Cobb's injuries. If you want to see how that shakes down, I would assume you'd probably have to give up Powell for Jones.
steelglam Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Re: Randall Cobb hurt, no WR depth. EDITED with 3rd offer, W

Postby con-vicks » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:43 am

i like Nicks for Ellington. Brown is also a interesting guy to go for is you think he'll bite on the Ellington hype.
10 Teams PPR League
QB - M. Stafford/P. Rivers
RB - L. McCoy/ A. Morris/ G. Bernard/ S. Vereem/ A. Ellington
WR - V. Jackson/ D. Jackson/ / T. Smith/ P. Harvin/ R. Randle
TE - J. Thomas
con-vicks
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Wakbrder87 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:26 pm

yeah trade 2 is the best value for Ellington. if i had your roster id offer MjD for Decker or Nicks and Percy Harvin

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=541764
Wakbrder87
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Postby currentlyunknown » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:19 pm

I'd see if you can pry away Nicks for Ellington/maybe Powell. There's a chance Nicks gets traded to a contender as well, which is a factor to consider.

I'd personally stay away from Cobb, potentially too late of a return.

The other 2 scenarios seem too dicey to me.

****************************************************************************************************
Thanks for the help!

For anyone else who wants to add input in mine: viewtopic.php?t=541775
currentlyunknown
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 26)

Postby RC7112 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Trade #2, ellington for nicks is good, I'd also take jones

Trade #3 is interesting though, I like Brown a lot, I think him and MJD are similar in value
RC7112
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 18)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions