Wk7 WR/TE - who to start? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Wk7 WR/TE - who to start? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wk7 WR/TE - who to start? WHIR

Postby leffe186 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi everyone,

Team as below right now. My main question is who to play at WR/TE, but positions up for grabs are WR2 and WR/TE. Any thoughts?

Josh Gordon @ GB
Keenan Allen @ Jac
Steve Smith vs StL
Kenbrell Thompkins @ NYJ
Jordan Cameron @ GB

12-team non-PPR, non-dynasty, 0.1pts/yd, 6pts/TD (4 for QBs)
QB Cam Newton
RB Alfred Morris
WR AJ Green
WR Josh Gordon
WR/TE Keenan Allen
TE Vernon Davis
FLEX Eddie Lacy
IDP JJ Watt
IDP Karlos Dansby
D/ST Seahawks
K Steven Hauschka
Bench: Darren Sproles (BYE), Joique Bell, Steve Smith, Kenbrell Thompkins, Jordan Cameron.
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wk7 WR/TE - who to start? WHIR

Postby JDNaumiec » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks for the thought on my QB situation. Stafford played well against a good CLE defense last week even without Megatron doing much. On top of that, if Thad Lewis can put up points against CIN's defense Stafford should be fine. The bigger part where Ryan comes into play is that I have Gonzalez as my TE...so I'd get double TD points if they hook up. And given that they don't have much else, I suspect that Gonzo will be his only real option.

I actually like Keenan Allen as your WR2. He's been getting tons of targets and his efficiency is pretty great - catching almost all his passes. Gordon has that big play ability, but you have to rely on that for points. I actually like Cameron better as your TE/WR option cuz you know he'll get targets. Gordon is higher risk/reward, Cameron for a solid outing. I don't think you can go wrong with either option against GB - defense blows and they'll have to throw to keep up with GB's offense.
JDNaumiec
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 28)

Postby 16FAC » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:59 pm

I think you have it right as it is unless your scoring is different for WR vs Flex.
I think Bell is a sneaky play this week but I don't like him enough to over ride Keenan Allen. From this point forward, I believe Allen will be a monster for Rivers and finish inside the top 15 at the position.

please hit mine:
viewtopic.php?t=541876
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby leffe186 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:05 pm

16FAC wrote:I think you have it right as it is unless your scoring is different for WR vs Flex.
I think Bell is a sneaky play this week but I don't like him enough to over ride Keenan Allen. From this point forward, I believe Allen will be a monster for Rivers and finish inside the top 15 at the position.

please hit mine:
viewtopic.php?t=541876

Yeah, I am probably going to ditch Bell tbh and ride Morris and Lacy home. Sproles should hopefully be enough injury cover, and unless Bush gets injured Bell is just a bit pointless. Scoring is the same for WR/FLEX.
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 100)

Return to Who to Start/Bench