Non PPR - Case of the Mediorcres! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Non PPR - Case of the Mediorcres!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Non PPR - Case of the Mediorcres!

Postby bmayer18 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Pick 2 + 2 plus any 1 Flex

Bold is what I'm using right now.

WR's
Alshon Jefferey
Hakeem Nicks

Kennan Allen

RB's
Bilal Powell
Eddy Lacy
Doug Martin

Chris Johnson
Fred Jackson
bmayer18
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Non PPR - Case of the Mediorcres!

Postby leffe186 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Actually, I think you've got it spot on.

The WR choice is tighter, but the matchups are better for Nicks and Jeffery. I think the choice you have is Jeffery or Allen, and really, it's a coin toss between the two. Don't think you can lose.

As for RB, in a PPR you would consider CJ, but he's just too unreliable in a non-. Powell may well get a lot of carries in the absence of Goodson, but will also get a lot of focus from the Patriots D, and he's shown the capacity to be extremely mediocre in those conditions. Stick with the bigger guns.

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=541783
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 101)

Postby 16FAC » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Jeffery and Allen.
Martin and Lacy

Martin is on pace for the most touches in the nfl this year and by sheer volume he should put up yards at least. ATL D is falling apart at the moment.

Lacy is on an offense that is decimated by injury at the WR position so he should get more involved.

Stay away from Knicks in my opinion!

please hit mine:
viewtopic.php?t=541876
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby bmayer18 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:33 pm

leffe186 wrote:Actually, I think you've got it spot on.

The WR choice is tighter, but the matchups are better for Nicks and Jeffery. I think the choice you have is Jeffery or Allen, and really, it's a coin toss between the two. Don't think you can lose.

As for RB, in a PPR you would consider CJ, but he's just too unreliable in a non-. Powell may well get a lot of carries in the absence of Goodson, but will also get a lot of focus from the Patriots D, and he's shown the capacity to be extremely mediocre in those conditions. Stick with the bigger guns.

Help with mine?

But NE lost two of their solid D backs....And who would I put Powell in for...F Jax?
bmayer18
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 36)

Postby leffe186 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:53 pm

bmayer18 wrote:
leffe186 wrote:Actually, I think you've got it spot on.

Help with mine?

But NE lost two of their solid D backs....And who would I put Powell in for...F Jax?

Yeah, I would say so. I really like Lacy this week, and I still back Martin. On volume, if nothing else.
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 101)

Return to Who to Start/Bench