Traded Percy Harvin for Matt Ryan: Good Trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Traded Percy Harvin for Matt Ryan: Good Trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Traded Percy Harvin for Matt Ryan: Good Trade?

Postby nickels2012 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:52 am

Team is below. Brady and Eli have been killing me. I was looking at jake Locker on the wire but

I offered Percy after Ryan had a 20+ pt game without Roddy and Julio. He passes it plenty in that O and has been consistent multiple TDs per week, runs sometimes usually hovers around fantasy points. Since I was so deep at WR I flipped Percy for Ryan in a buy low sell high (on hype). Maybe Harvin doesn't play for 3 weeks like the Patriots did with Gronk. No need to rush him back since Seattle is doing so well. By the time he is in full form the team I sold him too may miss playoffs. Either way tough to start Harvin over Demaryious and Jordy. I will be adding Micheal Crabtree and IRing him for my next stash for the fantasy playoffs.

My hopes are Ryan is a steady QB until I see Brady return to elite status with healthy Gronk Amendola and Vereen back after the week 10 bye

Was this a wise move?

Would it be crazy to still pick up Locker or Andy Dalton or no need
10 Team H2H 3 Keeper Half PPR
QB Brady
RB Peterson
RB Charles
WR Demaryious Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
TE Graham
FLEX Lacy
D/ST Bengals
K Vinatieri

QB Eli Manning Matt Ryan
RB Ellington
WR Torrey Smith Hilton Allen
TE Cameron
IR Vereen
nickels2012
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Traded Percy Harvin for Matt Ryan: Good Trade?

Postby Indibuck » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:07 am

nickels2012 wrote:Team is below. Brady and Eli have been killing me. I was looking at jake Locker on the wire but

I offered Percy after Ryan had a 20+ pt game without Roddy and Julio. He passes it plenty in that O and has been consistent multiple TDs per week, runs sometimes usually hovers around fantasy points. Since I was so deep at WR I flipped Percy for Ryan in a buy low sell high (on hype). Maybe Harvin doesn't play for 3 weeks like the Patriots did with Gronk. No need to rush him back since Seattle is doing so well. By the time he is in full form the team I sold him too may miss playoffs. Either way tough to start Harvin over Demaryious and Jordy. I will be adding Micheal Crabtree and IRing him for my next stash for the fantasy playoffs.

My hopes are Ryan is a steady QB until I see Brady return to elite status with healthy Gronk Amendola and Vereen back after the week 10 bye

Was this a wise move?

Would it be crazy to still pick up Locker or Andy Dalton or no need

I think it's a real solid move by your team. I'm not sure that Ryan has elite QB1 weekly upside without Jones and White, but I still like him better than Brady and Eli. You have the depth at WR to pull this off, and I agree now is probably the time to sell Harvin based on hype.

I like Dalton over Eli, so I would probably make that move if he is available.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions