anyone else hate madden? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

anyone else hate madden?

Moderator: Football Moderators

anyone else hate madden?

Postby Slingblade » Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:59 am

I cant stand the guy...have you noticed he always calls everbody something special...he should be banned from TV.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:10 pm

My good buddy throws a fit every time Madden starts to draw on the screen.Me,I like him.If only because his name is on the best NFL video game on the market.He tends to babble at times,but continues to give better insight than most commentators on the airwaves.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Slingblade » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:37 pm

i do agree that he has the best game on the market
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Brian08 » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:02 pm

I agree Madden can get annoying and lose his train of thought but the guys like 80. One thing Id idn't like was that he was ragging on the Dolphins uniforms last night. I actually thought they looked phat as hell in all green.
Brian08

Friendliness: %

Postby sissylala » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:09 pm

I like Madden. It's his old partner that I can't stand. Wasn't he supposed to be retired. Didn't I watch a going away tribute to him at the end of last season. Pat Summerall is senile. His partner has to correct him about every couple of seconds and half the time he doesn't know which team has the ball. Brett Farve carries the ball up the middle for a short gain. Sorry folks, that was Driver with the carry. No Pat, that was Ahman Green running the ball. Pay attention to the next game you watch him call. I guarentee he'll make more than ten name or play by play calling mistakes. He might make that many in the first half.
sissylala
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Slingblade » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:43 pm

its not the announcers who mess up on the calls. they have people who point to a chart and do hand signals to tell them what happened on the play...for example-vick up the middle for 60 yds or vick to the right sideline outrunning the train for 70yds and the TD. so the hand signal people mess up when the announcers say it wrong. and they have a guy with big binoculars to seen whats going on(but i dont see why since they have TV's
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:09 am

Something horrendous happened to me a few weeks ago...

I was playing Madden and had the volume up...it was a hour or so before MNF. Well I lost track of time and the next thing I know Madden's talking through my game...AND the MNF broadcast in the other room! I got TAG-TEAMED!

I almost crapped myself.

Seriously. If you've never had that happen with John Madden..don't scoff the after affects. I'm starting counseling next week.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:19 am

Aww, that is absolutely hysterical. :-D

Are you going to sue the makers of the game for not putting warning stickers on the packaging? Sounds more dangerous than just spilling hot coffee in your lap...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby matthew » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:42 pm

Not as much as I hate Keith Jackson. But all announcers suck, the don't know jack shit. My mother calls the game flow better than those jokers. How many of you see the flag, know it's offensive holding, and here the announcers say " hold everything, there's a flag on the play, we'll have to see what for"! Complete incompetent idiots!
matthew
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:42 pm

I don't know. I like Madden. ESP his game! ;-D He is a good announcer, he knows the game but he does mumble and go on forever. He does also show that he loves Frave. He can't say enough of things about him, and even if the play goes bad cause its Farves fault ...it doesn't matter Madden finds a way to blame someone else. I don't mind a little favoritizim (<----prob spelt wrong but you get the point) by dam John you show a little too much. Other then that Jhon and Pat are the best team ever and I always looked forward to hearing a game done by them. Plus don't forget if Madden didn't go to Monday Night we would still have to listen to that #$#%# Dennis Miller. :-t

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk