Cbssportsline.com - No Wk 16 Game (but it was in the rules) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cbssportsline.com - No Wk 16 Game (but it was in the rules)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cbssportsline.com - No Wk 16 Game (but it was in the rules)

Postby CaddyShack » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:57 pm

Our FFL is hosted by cbssportsline.com and is anybody else out there "miffed" that in the rules (all season long) they promised a week 16 playoff (consolation) game to determine 3rd & 4th place and at the start of week 16 the game was never scheduled and then all of a sudden on Wednesday they posted a "rule change" to the official rules to eliminate the game (After Week 16 had officially started & after the fact).

We sent them some emails and they quoted their "Legal Disclaimer".

Note - we used them last year and they did schedule and play the consolation matchup for 3rd and 4th place.

As a FFL addict, all I wanted was 1 more week of FFL as promised by their "rules"

Let me know your thoughts ..... Just wanted to know if anyone else feels cheated.
CaddyShack
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:02 pm

Only product to use at Sportsline is the Commissioner.

As much as I believe their Commissioner product is the best on the web, I'd rather play free Yahoo than play their $$ leagues.

Friendliness: %

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:42 pm

cheap arses :-t
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:49 am

send them a final e-mail telling them you are no longer going to use their services.

fanball.com is developing a very nice product, myfantasyleague.com offers a very flexible interface at a competitive price.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Fern » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:45 pm

hmm, I use cbssportsline and we have the 3rd & 4th place teams playing this week, along with the the championship game and grudge matchs for the teams that didn't make the playoffs... Now I don't know if cbs or the commisioner set them up. I may be a little slow, Im not sure I understand exactly what your saying?
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby altproject » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:12 pm

Fern wrote:hmm, I use cbssportsline and we have the 3rd & 4th place teams playing this week, along with the the championship game and grudge matchs for the teams that didn't make the playoffs... Now I don't know if cbs or the commisioner set them up. I may be a little slow, Im not sure I understand exactly what your saying?

yeah, i'm having the same problem with this thread. i'm the commish of my cbs sportsline league, and i'm not sure what you're problem is. the software lets the commish have total control over matchups (including consolation games) -- the system is foolproof. i don't understand how this has become a problem in your league.

are you not the commish of your league? because maybe the commish him/herself turned off the consolation matchups by hand? ...in which case, your beef would be with them and not cbs.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant