MVP? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MVP?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:26 pm

No single player (on a winning team) does more with less than Steve McNair, Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes.

With all his offensive weapons, Manning is a distant 4th as far as MVP to a team is considered. Sure he puts up great numbers, and Indy is winning, but you can throw 15 other QBs in there with those weapons and you'd expect them to perform similarly.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:30 pm

Peyton Manning slightly over McNair right now IMO
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:40 pm

9er Fan wrote:The award is Manning's to lose at this point. If the Colt's win out, I would almost say he's a lock.

perfect,,,I agree
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:05 pm

KingGhidra wrote:No single player (on a winning team) does more with less than Steve McNair, Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes.

With all his offensive weapons, Manning is a distant 4th as far as MVP to a team is considered. Sure he puts up great numbers, and Indy is winning, but you can throw 15 other QBs in there with those weapons and you'd expect them to perform similarly.

eh, ima disagree with you. Manning has a fantastic number one reciever, and an ok number 2. TE isnt very good, and edge isnt the same. He is the most accurate passer in the NFL and IMO deserves the MVP hands down.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:22 pm

Football Newbie wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:No single player (on a winning team) does more with less than Steve McNair, Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes.

eh, ima disagree with you. Manning has a fantastic number one reciever, and an ok number 2. TE isnt very good, and edge isnt the same. He is the most accurate passer in the NFL and IMO deserves the MVP hands down.

Not only a fantastic WR... THE BEST... His complement of #2 and #3 WRs are better than every other team except maybe Cincy. He has an all pro TE and a rookie TE who was getting open and making big runs after the catch. Edge has been on a tear since getting healthy. Down the line on offense, Indy is more stacked than any other team in the AFC. They are the reincarnation of the 92-93 Cowboys or the 88-89 49ers.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:36 pm

i think Manning will win it this year and he has been great especially as the season has progressed but Jamal Lewis is very deserving IMO. All season every team could stack 8 in the box and Lewis still gets his 5 ypc and has 1747 rushing yards, without him this team is in the cellar.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk