Biggest Snub - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Biggest Snub

Moderator: Football Moderators

Biggest Snub

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:44 pm

Everyone is saying the obvious snubs, like Brady and LT2. But what about Shannon Sharpe, arguably one of the best TE's in NFL history. He has 62 more receiving yards than Heap, and 5 more TD's. I dont get it.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby TTTBone » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:07 pm

Yeah, the Sharpe snub isn't right. But leaving LT2 out? 8-o
That's just crazy. Leading the league with 2011 overall yards, as a runningback for a team that is usually down 14 by half? C'mon, on most other teams, the the guy is already over 2000, and the hands down MVP. God, I hope they can get it together out in San Diego, 'cuz I wanna see what the guy can do with a real offense!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby MEK4178 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:44 pm

who would you have left out for LT?

Portis?
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TTTBone » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:05 pm

MEK4178 wrote:who would you have left out for LT?

Portis?

Well, yes.
LT2 is at least an equal runner, a better blocker, and definately a much better reciever. Too bad he plays for the Chargers.
This is pretty tough this year, as it seems most the top Backs and QB's are AFC this year... tough decisions... who you gonna leave out?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Purple_Pride » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:37 pm

i agree LT2 is the man and its ridiculous that he isnt in the pro bowl. i would most defitely put him above Portsi, hell Orlandis gary and Mike Anderson could run in that system.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:43 pm

I think blocking prowess has no bearing on which halfbacks get into the Pro Bowl.

Santana Moss...now there's a snub. He's a much greater big-play threat than is Derrick Mason. And he's having a better year than Marvin Harrison or Hines Ward if you consider Moss wasn't even a starter for the first four games. Otherwise he'd have 1200 yards and 13 TDs. As it is, he has as many TDs as Ward or Harrison, and more than Mason.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:27 pm

I thought Mike Rucker deserved to go on defense. After LT, Rucker deserved it most of the snubs IMO. Someone was gonna get screwed at RB. Whoever got snubbed there is the obvious choice.

I think Santana Moss got screwed a little bit. I would have picked him over Mason.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tjhksig » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:37 pm

Hasselbeck.

Having a better year than Favre or McNabb.
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:27 am

I think we're missing some glaring reasons for snubs:

Players who play for poor teams this year (LT, Santana Moss)

And reasons for marginal pro-bowlers:
Players/Squads who have a legend tag on them (Favre, some Ravens defensive players - due to their Super Bowl year)

I don't think Favre should be in there, but Hasselbeck will surely get in because I bet Favre won't go anyway.

I don't have the lists in front of me, but eight Ravens is ridiculous. I can understand the Lewises, Heap (maybe, although Sharpe is just as good), and some of the linemen though. I even think eight Chiefs is too much (other than Green, Holmes, Gonzalez, and Hall I don't know - is anyone on that defense worth it?).

Some of my points probably have faults, but about 25% of the top players don't play in the game anyway (and the fact that very few people watch it), so hopefully these guys who were snubbed make it.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby foreverabearsfan » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:58 am

only goes to show you how much parity.

agreed on shannon sharpe, i consider portis and LT approximately equal as of now. in different systems, who knows.

the biggest snub is leonard little - 12 sacks and he was out like 3-4 games. plus 6 forced fumbles. he has been a huge reason for the rams D to step up this year. plus archuleta should be a starter, he is having a crazy year. aeneas williams also should be in as a backup.

all i can say is, congrats jerry azumah. demoted 10 weeks ago, and now in the pro bowl. what a trooper
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk