Biggest Snub - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Biggest Snub

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JEB » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:45 am

S.Sharpe is the biggest snub in my opinion. Heap, good but 3rd at best behind Sharpe. :-t
JEB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BESMIRCHED » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:22 pm

agree sharpe is the biggest snub...he is #1 TE in nfl.com stats

the rest of the offensive looks pretty good...but the defensive players...a lot got snubbed... r.harrison, m.barrow

roy williams was listed as the #1 DB in most sites...this guy sucks...

it seems like the miami dbs are on every pro bowl list...surtain, marion...no matter how much they suck
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:58 pm

Yeah, Sharpe not making it is ridiculous. I also don't understand Hasselbeck over Favre. Sure, Favre has been a great QB but he hasn't played better than Hasselbeck this year. I can understand why LT wasn't included, he didn't get enough carries. His team would be down by 30 at half, he'd get 8 carries and dissappear. Portis carried his team to the play-offs.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:57 pm

um hasselbeck is not havign a better year than mcnabb. He hasn;t lead a team back from the dead or to win 11 of their past 12. It isn't all about pure stats, this isn't fantasy. Hasselbeck has nto hsitorically been better, nor ahs he been better this year. McNabb is superior to every quarterback except four in the stat that truly matters.

I would say westbrook was a snub, but what are you going to do?
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shatner8 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:10 pm

eaglesrule wrote:.

I would say westbrook was a snub, but what are you going to do?

R U serious?? Westbrook should not be on the Pro Bowl team.
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:16 pm

really? responsible for like three eagles wins directly. Ia m not saying as an rb, but as a kick retunrer? he is the most valuable kick returner in the whole league. guys like him are tough, but seriosuly, to not find room for a guy withn 12 td's and 900 total yards?

He has scored more td's than steven davis, duece mcalister, edgerrin james, ricky williams, jamal lewis, travis henry, and only one less than shaun alexander. considering that, I think it was a snub. I wouldn;t give it to him as an rb, but considering his accomplishnments, him nto making it is a snub.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shatner8 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:20 pm

Ok, Maybe as a Kick Returner but definitely not as a RB. Who did they choose as the Kick Returners over him???
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:21 pm

eaglesrule wrote:really? responsible for like three eagles wins directly. Ia m not saying as an rb, but as a kick retunrer? he is the most valuable kick returner in the whole league. guys like him are tough, but seriosuly, to not find room for a guy withn 12 td's and 900 total yards?

He has scored more td's than steven davis, duece mcalister, edgerrin james, ricky williams, jamal lewis, travis henry, and only one less than shaun alexander. considering that, I think it was a snub. I wouldn;t give it to him as an rb, but considering his accomplishnments, him nto making it is a snub.

You've got to be joking. Does being a fan of a team really blind you that much? Westbrook is not a snub, there's no way he should have been in the Pro Bowl. But the most ridiculous thing you said was that he was the "most valuable kick returner in the whole league." I'm not sure if you're kidding or if you really haven't heard of the human joystick, Dante Hall.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:26 pm

no, seriously he ahs scorted more touchdowns than a number of "premier" backs in the elague. If you were picking a team, you would pick hall over westbrook? I sure as hell wouldn't. As a returner and as a real player, it is pretty hard to say that no spot could be made for him. I am not being blind, the facts are that he has scored more than those backs, he is incredibly important to one of the premier teams in the league, and he has the touchdown stats to go along with it. pretty hard to say that the nfc representative for kick returns is more vlauable to his team, or more productive than westbrook. period. I also don;t think he was snubbed in the sense that I am outraged he didn;t make it. maybe I shouldn;t refer to it as a snub, but I think he should have made it.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:33 pm

so you think azumah or Alex Bannister should have made it over him? Please, he is eigth on the total touchdown list, and fundamentally important to his squad, and signle handedly made the difference between winning or losing in two games, and on special teams has fielded, kicks punts, and played on the coverage teams, saving more than a few touchdowns. to think of a player liek that as not a por bowler is jsut summarily dismissing the argument without thinking about it. that isn't bias, that is reasonable.

I meant to also say that as a kick retuner, pure, yea, you want dante hall. But is dante hall more improtant to hsi squad than westbrook -- no? In terms of one to one absolotue value, whcih kick returer is a better football player than westbrook?
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk