Biggest Snub - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Biggest Snub

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:36 pm

i may need to go nfl.com but you need to read my post. westbrook IS a tackler on special teams ...

you may disagree with how I nterpreted the stats, but I did look at them. I still think 14 td's and sure to be over 1000 yards total offensive yards is tough to deny. others don't see it that way. In a year that tomlinson got denied, it is tough to say anyone else is a snub, and perhaps snub is too strong a word. but I think westbrook should have made it, that's all. from wehrever it comes from he has scored a bunch, scored in key times, powered the best team in the nfc, and did it with less touches than many of the other backs. yea he colelcts kicks, but he does touch the ball less than the other backs. whether that detracts from his value or adds to it is up for debate. But he is the key cog the second most potent ground game in the nfl, and scored a bunch more than more celebrated backs. that should count for something.

he also plays on kick coverage teams as well as the return teams, so I would say that is pretty impriotant to "special teams", more important than one guy who happens to tackle well, westbrook does that and more.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:38 pm

Biggest snubs on O:

Hasselbeck - If he were in the AFC then sure, but Favre????

LT2 - WTF did Portis do that was any better than LT. Not in ONE category was he better. Not one (unless you count being on a better team).

Shannon Sharpe - WTF were people watching this year???

I can't say Brady because the 3 that made it are so deserving. He could have an awesome career and never make the pro bowl with all the QBs in the AFC. In the NFC he's the #1 QB right now and I don't want to hear any BS about McNabb or CPepp. #1 hands down. Brady + NE's Offense (period)

Friendliness: %

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:39 pm

Buddy, you don't understand. Total offense means nothing if you are trying to be a kick returner in the Pro Bowl.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:45 pm

I do understand, I don't think you do. There are two comparisons here. One is westbrook to azumah, one that I conceded, you are right, whatever, I can admit when I am wrong.

The other is to bannister. Int his scenario, he has still palyed better than him I would argue. He has done all of the requistie coverage things -- he has saved touchdowns, pinned people back all that stuff. AND he brings, kick returning (a definite facet of special teams, like it or lump it) and the offense. Total offense may or may not count, but the pro bowl is also more than jsut about stats as well. Otherwise, they woudl jsut take the fantasy all-stars and leave it at that. When a player does the same thigns as another, AND brings another element to the table, it is tough to go against that. Iw oudl say that in terms of a general position (special teams), it would argue that it certainly enters the debate.

I think wins and help powering a team to afantastic record should count. brady should be in, as I think mcnabb should be rather than hasselbeck (hasselbeck's team -- which he basically is the leader of, has stunk on the road and they have one game in their past 5 or whatever) those types of conisderations definitely have to be taken into account.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wizbang » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:46 pm

Welcome to the twilight zone. I can't believe I just read a whole series of posts about Brian Westbrook making the pro bowl.

I assure you that he wasn't even considered. He is a marginal starter on his OWN TEAM let alone for the entire NFC. He's barely in the top third of kick returners.
wizbang

Friendliness: %

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:50 pm

wizbang wrote:Welcome to the twilight zone. I can't believe I just read a whole series of posts about Brian Westbrook making the pro bowl.

Me neither.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:59 pm

whatever, you guys may be right, but it isn't like the whole thing on the face of it is ridiculous either -- christ he wa snamed an alternate, so it isn't like the whole thing is ludicrous to even be discussing.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:22 pm

I don't think Westbrook is completely out of consideration for the pro bowl, especially for special teams. As a RB, the 3 who got selected ahead of him were correct. He is 5th on my list after Deuce, Green, Davis & Alexander. He definitely does a lot more with less carries than a lot of RBs in the NFC.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:16 pm

whoa whoa who made the probowl ahead of sharpe? 8-o that is crazy... id say hasselbeck, LT, brady after him in that order.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:24 pm

terpfan wrote:whoa whoa who made the probowl ahead of sharpe

Gonzo and Heap

VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk