TD Celebrations. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TD Celebrations.

Moderator: Football Moderators

TD Celebrations.

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:07 pm

By Pete O'Brien-USAToday

Make no mistake. I love the old school non-celebrations of Jim Brown, Barry Sanders and, in today's world, Marvin Harrison and Rudi Johnson. The "of-course-I scored,-I just-can't-believe-it-took-me-so-long" nonchalance is smooth, cool and timeless. If you want, throw in a subtle wink to your girlfriend. That's fine too.
But I came to accept long ago that the NFL is a clown factory. The desperately needy will prostitute themselves to no end. So my disappointment with Joe Horn's cell phone celebration was not that it was yet another me-first display in the ultimate team game, it was because it was boring, stupid and awkward.

If Horn is looking to make a big splash, he needs to throw out the script and get a new writer. Hey, wait. I occasionally do the writing thing. And I'm truly creative compared most NFL melon heads.

So here are my ideas for some truly bedazzling end-zone entertainment.

The Extra! Extra!: It requires some investment beforehand, which is good, because that will weed out the fools who know they only have a slight chance of scoring. Dress up a 10-year-old as a 1920's paperboy and plant him in the first row behind the end zone. Upon scoring, run over and give the kid a nickel for a pre-printed newspaper with a huge "Extra! Extra! (Insert name) Scores Touchdown!" headline. Show it off to the cameras and have the kid distribute the remaining copies in the stands. Remember, it's all about giving back to the fans.

The Christopher Columbus: If you're going to use a prop, at least make it a cool visual. After hitting pay dirt, go uncover a large team flag you've hidden and plant it in the end zone. Take off your helmet and place one foot on it while holding onto the flag. This will give you that sweet, classic pose. This celebration is especially good for teams like the Cardinals and Lions, because for them scoring a TD truly would be like discovering a new world.

The Camelot: Reserved exclusively for the Clinton Portis types. If a fifth sixer is achieved in a single game, the player qualifies for knighthood. The honoree should take one knee with head bowed and offer the football to the quarterback with both hands — elbows in, palms up. The QB would then take the football, majestically touch both of the honoree's shoulders with it and bellow, "Arise Sir Touchdown!"

The Najeh Davenport: Let me caution, this can be done only when one is a member of a visiting team that holds a legitimate AND extreme grievance — like having been mocked for a lack of PlayStation 2 abilities. Once the goal line has been broken, jog over and stand on the other team's logo. Squat down, resting the forearms just above the knees and push the ball between the thighs until it, uh, plops out the back. Then, be prepared to fight.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:15 pm

haahahahha. Thats pretty funny.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:54 pm

Those are pretty good. The Davenport one is hilarious.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:31 pm

lol, good stuff ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:57 pm

The Extra! Extra!: It requires some investment beforehand, which is good, because that will weed out the fools who know they only have a slight chance of scoring. Dress up a 10-year-old as a 1920's paperboy and plant him in the first row behind the end zone. Upon scoring, run over and give the kid a nickel for a pre-printed newspaper with a huge "Extra! Extra! (Insert name) Scores Touchdown!" headline. Show it off to the cameras and have the kid distribute the remaining copies in the stands.

LOL, thats money and could be done.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:31 am

That was great. The last one should be called the Najeh Davenpoop though.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: TD Celebrations.

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:26 am

Guttpuppy wrote:The Camelot: Reserved exclusively for the Clinton Portis types. If a fifth sixer is achieved in a single game, the player qualifies for knighthood. The honoree should take one knee with head bowed and offer the football to the quarterback with both hands — elbows in, palms up. The QB would then take the football, majestically touch both of the honoree's shoulders with it and bellow, "Arise Sir Touchdown!"

Nice, I like that one. Team celebrations.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AF » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:06 am

Dude, you should e-mail that to EA Sports at least. If they put those in next years madden I would buy it on release.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fntsyrookie » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:10 pm

LOL...those were good.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:21 pm

Hilarious GP, nice find. Arise sir touchdown-love it.
The celebration I's like to see would be a melding of Horns and C Johnson's. Have a safety for the Jags lay out Horn on a crossing route, pull out a sign that reads: Can you hear ME now?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk