A Bit of Venting (PRO BOWL) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

A Bit of Venting (PRO BOWL)

Moderator: Football Moderators

A Bit of Venting (PRO BOWL)

Postby gunfnk » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:34 am

ok i have a couple problems with the pro bowl pics for 2004. And i'm getting straight to the point.

AFC:

L. Tomlinson, put up huge year, chargers would be lost without him, one of the greatest backs playing on a crap team. Holmes, i'm fine with. As for J. Lewis, and C. Portis, the other two to go, they are both excellent backs, and would dominate in the NFC, but they both play on teams with offences that are designed to run. I simply think that Lewis' impressive stats should not be the only factor.

S. Sharpe, are you joking me, he's sick, he's clutch, and he's still doing it, debatably better than even T. Gonzolez, and miles ahead of T. Heap. Heap mad a name for him last year and has not met proper expectations.

NFC:

J. Delcomme, carolina alrady is underappreciated in pro bowl balloting and Delcomme was a star. Favre had a unfarve like season resulting from many fumbles, and few touchdowns. Carolina NFC south champs.

S. Smith, had a better season than Boldin, so did Horn. But S. Smith caught lots of balls for lots of yards and for lots of touchdown. Boldin is good, and maybe he deserves it.

F. Jones, put up touch down, yards, and blocked. J. Shockey whined, droped balls, and cost J. Fossil a job.

That's it.

What do you guys think?
gunfnk
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BriGuy » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:40 am

yeah, I don't see how Urlacher got selected. He wasn't having such a good year (especially compared to his others). Just shows how people will just select the 'big name' they see...
DA' BEARS!
BriGuy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby zombiez » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:28 am

all the ravens that were selected made me sick......especially Heap....and yeah agree with ya, Carolina got shafted :-[
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Re: A Bit of Venting (PRO BOWL)

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:58 am

gunfnk wrote:AFC:

S. Sharpe, are you joking me, he's sick, he's clutch, and he's still doing it, debatably better than even T. Gonzolez, and miles ahead of T. Heap. Heap mad a name for him last year and has not met proper expectations.

Sharpe better then Gonzo?...short answer...no. Gonzo is the one setting the pace this year for all TE to be judged. Is Sharpe better then heap?...yes, right now he is and he did deserve it over Heap but not Gonzo.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:20 am

gunfnk wrote:L. Tomlinson, put up huge year, chargers would be lost without him, one of the greatest backs playing on a crap team. Holmes, i'm fine with. As for J. Lewis, and C. Portis, the other two to go, they are both excellent backs, and would dominate in the NFC, but they both play on teams with offences that are designed to run. I simply think that Lewis' impressive stats should not be the only factor.

There just happened to be a lot of stud running backs this year, and whoever got snubbed out of them could make their case. Tomlinson's team is what kept him out. There are great players on bad teams who get snubbed every year.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:18 pm

I disagree with almost all of what gunfnk said.

First of all, we all know that LT is a great runner and a stud RB. But because his team didn't make the play-offs, and didn't even get close, he was snubbed. Portis, on the other hand, carried his team to the play-offs. And the SD offense might run-oriented like Baltimore, but it's LT oriented. Have you seen his combo yards?

Though I agree with you that Sharpe should have been in instead of Heap, he is definitely not better than Gonzo. He's also not "miles ahead" of Heap at all.

You're right that Favre shouldn't be in the Pro Bowl, but Delhomme definitely shouldn't either. Matt Hasselbeck should. The Carolina O is obviously very heavy on the run, and Delhomme's job is not to mistakes.

Steve Smith is a good player and techinally deserves to be in the Pro Bowl, but he didn't have a better season that Boldin. Just look at the stats. And even though it might have seemed like Horn had a big season because his 4 TD peformance the other night, he really didn't have that great of a season. He dissapeared in 2 games at a time.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shatner8 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:31 pm

Youve got to be Joking about Delhomme right??? C'mon he did alright but not Pro Bowl caliber.

S. Smith did NOT have a better season then Boldin.

This sounds like an angry Panthers fan to me
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:59 pm

Zombiez wrote:all the ravens that were selected made me sick......especially Heap....and yeah agree with ya, Carolina got shafted :-[

Yea my boys always get shafted....face it, there are no big name players on our team besides Davis and Peppers....ohhh and there's our FRANCHISE PUNTER...for Christ sake :-°
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

for all you people that "know football"

Postby gunfnk » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:54 pm

ok first of all i said debatably with sharpe and gonzo so learn ow to read.

second horn did have a huge season (and i watch more football than highlights buddy) and so did smith. Who else does arizona have? How many throws did Boldin drop and how many fumbles. Do your homework, realize that arizona is a shit team, and realize that carolina is packed with stars.

I wont argue about LT for lewis and portis make good cases

Hasselbeck is the shit your right, better than delcomme, but delcomme still had a better season than favre.
gunfnk
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby terpfan » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:29 pm

is there a reason ur spelling delhomme with a "c"? probably something im missing... :-?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk