A Bit of Venting (PRO BOWL) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

A Bit of Venting (PRO BOWL)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: for all you people that "know football"

Postby TTTBone » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:27 pm

gunfnk wrote:ok first of all i said debatably with sharpe and gonzo so learn ow to read.

second horn did have a huge season (and i watch more football than highlights buddy) and so did smith. Who else does arizona have? How many throws did Boldin drop and how many fumbles. Do your homework, realize that arizona is a shit team, and realize that carolina is packed with stars.

I wont argue about LT for lewis and portis make good cases

Hasselbeck is the shit your right, better than delcomme, but delcomme still had a better season than favre.

Whoa, "gunfnk" maybe you should change your moniker to "dish", as in can dish it out , but can't take it. You are one pissed-off Carolina fan.
Someone disagrees with you and you're all PO'ed? That's what forums are all about.
Now, you are right, the Gonzo/Sharpe thing is debatable, but I'd take Gonzo (and no reason to resort to insults when replying).
Second, Horn and Smith had "good" seasons, but Boldin's #'s are simply better and more consistant, which is even more impressive for a rookie on a, as you so succinctly put, "s*#t team".
Third, Delhomme? Looks like you're homer-goggles are finally coming off here, and you are beginning to realize Delhomme has no place on the Pro Bowl team. Hasselbeck? yes... Delhomme? Gimme a break!
Oh, and learn "ow" to spell and punctuate, "your" killin' me.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gunfnk » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:39 pm

sorry about the spelling, but controvesy and argument is what I'm all about, and so be it!

by the way I never thought i was a panther fan, but be that too then.

remember - its the pro bowl
gunfnk
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:08 pm

TTTBone just took the words out of my mouth. Gunfnk, you need to use spell-check and chill out.

Horn and Smith had pretty good season, of course, but Boldin had a better season. The stats tell the whole story when in comes to the Pro Bowl.

Steve Smith- 1013 receiving yards 6 TD's
Joe Horn- 934 receiving yards, 10 TD's(with the huge day)
Anquan Boldin- 1228 receiving yards 7 TD's

And just so you know, Boldin has fumbled 3 times and Smith has fumbled 4 times. You also conceded that Hasselbeck was better than Delhomme, and if that's the case, then you admit that Delhomme wasn't a snub.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TTTBone » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:43 pm

VHawk15 wrote:TTTBone just took the words out of my mouth. Gunfnk, you need to use spell-check and chill out.

Thanks for the support; oh, and by the way, nice icon, Hawk! ;-D
LOL
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:46 pm

TTTBone wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:TTTBone just took the words out of my mouth. Gunfnk, you need to use spell-check and chill out.

Thanks for the support; oh, and by the way, nice icon, Hawk! ;-D
LOL

Heh, thanks. With lots of luck and a little skill(or maybe the other way around), I've earned my first little icon. ;-D

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gunfnk » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:55 am

steve smith has steven davis (1387yrds 8tds)

anquan boldin has had m. shipp (781yrds 0tds) and e. smith (227yrds 2 tds)

please, if you can say that LT shouldn't make it because he plays on a shit team the steve smith should be there. I love the cheifs.

that's right... ya'll
gunfnk
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:34 am

The fact that Boldin has little to work with RB-wise is even more reason that he's more Pro Bowl-worthy than Smith.

VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Purple_Pride » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:48 am

this is ridiculous, Boldin has more receptions, more yards and more TD's, the team he plays for is irrelevant. Boldin is a clear cut pro-bowler this year.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby gunfnk » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:38 pm

you guys are so fickel, (sp)

you discredit LT becasue he's on a shit team but praise Boldin

tsk tsk
gunfnk
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:02 pm

gunfnk wrote:you guys are so fickel, (sp)

you discredit LT becasue he's on a shit team but praise Boldin

tsk tsk

No, you don't understand. Portis and LT are so even that they had to use the quality of their teams as the deciding tie-breaker.

Boldin is much better, and the stats show it, than Steve Smith so the team W-L didn't have to come in to play.

VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk