FF ethics advice needed. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FF ethics advice needed.

Moderator: Football Moderators

FF ethics advice needed.

Postby Smrz » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:48 pm

So I am in the Superbowl for a Yahoo FF league that was started through another bulliten board. I got to the superbowl going 7-7 in the regular season, in a 10 person league.

I went to the board toady to leave my oppent a message and noticed that one of the other players who finished ninth in the league and did not make the playoffs wavied all his players except Duece Mcalister.

Now there are few starters mixed in with this bench trash that was let go. Especially NE D which I am in desperate need of. Now I tried to contact Kosmo this person and left him a message on the FF board to see if he wants to play the game with out adding anyone, but have got no replys. Games start in less than 48 hours, so I don't know If I will contact him before then.

So the question is do I pick up all the good players that were let go and go into the superbowl with a team I did not really build, or due I accept the 2 day waiver period as being fair and run him over just cause it's fun?

No wagers of any kind have been placed on this game.
Smrz

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby emaja » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:54 pm

I would contact the commish and ask if it is OK to pick up players. If he says yes - do it, if not - don't, but be sure that the commish makes an announcement on the board, by email, and by phone to the other guy of what his decision is. No excuses that way.

That's why you write these rules before the season begins.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Cake » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:19 pm

Dont be a dirt bag and pick em up. Contact the commish and he shoud be able to put a hold on all the players. The guy who dropped em should be kicked in the head for being an idiot.
Cake
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby latraffic » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:44 pm

This is a mess. You should not pick up any of the waived players and play them as that would be unethical. You definately need to try to get ahold of the commish and in the meantime you may want to pick up the waived players (the ones of quality) and leave them on your bench (assuming you have room to do so) to avoid having anyone else in the league using them if the commish is not someone who pays much attention to what is going on. Be sure to post a note on the league's board of what you are doing and why though.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Soarhead » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:10 pm

Playing fairly is more important than winning if it means possibly screwing someone else.

The dumper is a dope. Don't take advantage of this guy's dopery.

Like the others said, get a hold of your commish and let him freeze the released players.
Soarhead
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby TTTBone » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:54 pm

All transactions should be locked once the playoffs start. I know most teams have rules regarding non-participatory, or "dead", teams; but also think rules should be instituted regarding wholesale or even individual dropping of players at the season's end. In such a situation, the commish should put a lock on all such waived players, and ban the owner from the league. This is the crap that completely ruins otherwise good leagues. :-t
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:59 pm

I would pick up everyone that would help your team, but I wouldn't play them unless the other guy does. Post something on the message board to that effect as well.

Basically, guard yourself against him picking up the players and starting them.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MMH » Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:33 am

Play the guys who took you to the Superbowl.

I see no joy in winning a league due to a technicality (and a dick of a team owner) and would much prefer to win it through my own hard work.
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk