FYI - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FYI

Moderator: Football Moderators

FYI

Postby Clockerq » Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:31 pm

Keeping in mind that this forum is for the benefit of all FF players, and that we can all learn from each other, here I go. For everybodies information I was advised to start Vick over Mcnair this past week by all 8 responses to my ? I started Mcnair anyway. I could tell that the people responding were buying into the HYPE, and not into the facts. Almost nobody puts up big #'s against TBay, especially down here. And just like a horse race where u look at the past performances, TB had shut down the Vick express big time last out. Don't be afraid to sit a player off a big game. If the matchup is lousy dump him!! I remember earlier in the year I suggested starting Lamar Gordon over Ahman when Gbay was in TBay. Same thing,,100% for Green but gordon outscored him,,ok only by 2 points but still,, ;-D
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:13 pm

Well, you're definitely right about practically everybody overvaluing Vick this week... or were they undervaluing the Bucs' defense? :-)

On the other hand, the folks who recommended Vick over McNair (I think you're refering to this post) did have a point: at the time they answered, it wasn't yet certain that McNair would start, which is good reason for being cautious...

Glad you made the right call! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Clockerq » Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:22 pm

Thanks for the reply Arlo. Actually I didn't make the right call. I have Blake on my roster,,and I lost my game. Fortunatly my pursurer also lost so i got 1st in my division :-o . My purpose for the post was for others to hopefully gather a new perspective and improve through my experience. Actually I understated the 8-0,,it was much larger as I asked many others besides this forum and they all had Vick. Hard to imagine how anyone can undervalue the buc D,,they are on a pace to break Baltimores record. Mcnair has to be like Lee Majors,,the 6 million$ man,,,hes a tough SOB,,i have gained tremendous respect for him this year. At one point he was 1 qb that i would not draft under any circumstances (batch was the other). I had no doubt that he would start,,my only ? was that he was one hit away from being out of the game. Playoffs start and with home games against Seatle and Detroit QB is one position I'm not worrying about anymore. Thanks Steve, now take a seat! ;-D
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk