wow LT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

wow LT

Moderator: Football Moderators

wow LT

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:10 pm

wow i was reading, or trying to read, on why LT2 was the biggest snub of all. And i just went on NFL.com and checked his stats. He has as many receptions as Marvin Harrison, and is 2 Receptions away from leading the WHOLE AFC. Thats amazing... He is the whole San Diego offense... poor guy...
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:17 pm

lol Brett Favre has thrown the 2nd most INTs, and has thrown the 2 most TDs in the NFL. Thats Funny... lol, NFL.com is really teaching me some stuff that i never woulda knew about...
DiRtY BuCs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:28 pm

Favre doesn't deserve to be in this years Pro-Bowl, but he gets the special living legend veteran exception.
:)

McNabb, Culpepper and Hasselbeck deserved the nod I think.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ramsalldaway514 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:53 pm

ya
ramsalldaway514
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:14 pm

LT is great but who would u sit: lewis, holmes, or portis? whoever u sit is a snub...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:39 pm

terpfan wrote:LT is great but who would u sit: lewis, holmes, or portis? whoever u sit is a snub...

If I had to sit someone, I would probably sit Jamal. I think the only reason he is there is because he leads the league in rushing.

LT2, Portis, and Holmes are far and away better.

Holmes is just on a rampage this year. Flat out great. Although he's probably the 3rd best behind Portis and LT2. Holmes is THE No. 1 FANTASY BACK. He's a great fit for the system he's in but as a pure RB, he's probably 3rd.

Portis: 1600 yds, 15 TDs, 5.5 ypc, 1900 total yards, 10 games over 100 yards rushing. Remember folks, we've only been through 14 games. AND you have to remember that he cranked out these stats in about 12 games of work because he really lost more than 2 whole games of PT due to that sternum injury. I mean if he would have played full games against SD, Oak, and Detroit, he might have 20 TD's and 1900 + yds rushing already.

LT2: Over 2,000 yards from scrimmage, 13 TD's, 86 Receptions, 700 yards. IMO, the best running back in the national football league. Didn't anyone consider that he did this playing on one of the worst teams in the league and that Lewis's ground schedule was horrible, Cinci and Cle twice, Oak, Ariz, and SD.

Oh well, I guess people get snubbed every year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby terpfan » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:20 pm

Azrael wrote:
terpfan wrote:LT is great but who would u sit: lewis, holmes, or portis? whoever u sit is a snub...

If I had to sit someone, I would probably sit Jamal. I think the only reason he is there is because he leads the league in rushing.

haha really? is that the reason... :-?

id probably have to sit portis for LT... close tho, and i cant really fault the voters for the choice they made.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bolts801 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:44 pm

I'd sit Portis over LT as well. LT = 2000 total yards plus! ZERO fumbles, AND actually played the whole year. :)

Oh, but i guess "portis has been coming on strooooong" :)

Glad I got LT on my team. He's gonna play so pissed it's not even funny. :)

Poor Hasselback too. :(

Farve over Hasselback?! You gotta be kidding me. Boy if there were ever anyone still playing on "the name" it's farve.

One game over 250 yards, thats it! Ofcourse against my lowly chargers. Not to mention his TD avg is as High as his Pick off avg. LOL .. he suxx!!!!
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TTTBone » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:05 pm

bolts801 wrote:Glad I got LT on my team. He's gonna play so pissed it's not even funny. :)

Hadn't even considered that, go LT go!

bolts801 wrote:Farve over Hasselback?! You gotta be kidding me. Boy if there were ever anyone still playing on "the name" it's farve.

One game over 250 yards, thats it! Ofcourse against my lowly chargers. Not to mention his TD avg is as High as his Pick off avg. LOL .. he suxx!!!!

Yes, Favre, got there on his name, but hardly "suxx". Still a top 10 QB, and top 3 NFC. Too bad he's somewhat reverted to the brain-lock ways of his youth and too often throws into coverage, but he's still only second in the NFL, one behind Peyton Manning, in TD's tossed this year. Oh, sorry, you're in a yardage league. Yeah, Favre "suxx".
Last edited by TTTBone on Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:17 pm

There's no question that Hasselbeck should have been there instead of Favre. But sure, LT is a snub but you really can't not include one of the other three. LT is just unfortunate that he's stuck in the AFC with all the other stud RB's. I think the tie-breaker between LT and Portis was that Portis' team will probably still go to the play-offs.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk